Any-one having trouble with 9k6 and 40k mix?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

Currently I'am using Merten stuff which is 9k6 and one Popp device which is 40K. All are working fine, exept the Popp dimmer which stopped responding to ZWave commands after one day. The only thing I could do with it was controlling the connected light local. Only after a powerreset (pulling the fuse) it started responding to ZWave commands again. I think the Network Health Feature of HS is the cause of hanging the Popp module, but I can not realy re-produce it.
Maybe it is the mix of 9k6 and 40k module.
Any-one seen this problem before?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Willem no problems here.
I have 1 9k6 device (Danfoss)

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

Chak,

Do you use the Health Feature?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

@Willem: Wich Merten devices do you have, I'm planning on buying a whole bunch of it.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Yes I use health feature every night form 3-5 am

I have no Merten devices at the moment.
Not sure what the next step will be..
first step is +/- 10 danfoss modules.
and maybe later few motion sensors.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

@ William Abbo

Check the power consumption Watts of the connected device, if it's to low or if you are using non dimming low energy bulbs it's going into protect mode(that is what your problem is). If it's to high the fuse will break.

Resetting is done by ejecting the fuse, like you already did.
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

There a ordinary old fashioned 60W bulb connected to it, it looks like a routingproblem, because relocating another node seems to solve the problem for now????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
<br />@ William Abbo

Check the power consumption Watts of the connected device, if it's to low or if you are using non dimming low energy bulbs it's going into protect mode(that is what your problem is). If it's to high the fuse will break.

Resetting is done by ejecting the fuse, like you already did.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

This is really a strange situation, routering problems are known but the devices always can be controlled locally.

What I do remember, I had this problem once before with an in-wall switch. I didn't connect the wires correctly [:I] and after some switching the node stopped responding locally and over the z-wave network.

Maybe it's good to reset all devices including your Aeon-Labs Z-Stick and built up your z-wave network again (and verify your wires if it's a in-wall node)
William.abbo

Post by William.abbo »

Well, maybe you missed this, but local control is possible, only controlling remote stopped, after pulling fuse remote was working again. It is a in-wall node indeed. I did a rebuild of the network twice, then everything is working o.k. until........ I do a 'optimize node' or 'full optimization'. I think that during the optimization the Popp misses some data which makes it hanging. All neighbour nodes are 9k6, this is the only 40k node. It looks like 9k6 nodes have problems with routing 40k data, this is also discussed at the HS-forum. Als long as optimization is not done it keeps working o.k. Next week I will order Popp modules, as you know, I presume they are all 40k and there is no problem between them. Maybe you can confirm this?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
<br />This is really a strange situation, routering problems are known but the devices always can be controlled locally.

What I do remember, I had this problem once before with an in-wall switch. I didn't connect the wires correctly [:I] and after some switching the node stopped responding locally and over the z-wave network.

Maybe it's good to reset all devices including your Aeon-Labs Z-Stick and built up your z-wave network again (and verify your wires if it's a in-wall node)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
EzHome

Post by EzHome »

I did miss that part excuse me, the current Popp nodes are all 40k.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”