Everspring AN157 inclusion ?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
jmwiersma
Starting Member
Starting Member

Everspring AN157 inclusion ?

Post by jmwiersma »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the Everspring AN157(-2) in to inclusion mode ?
I'm trying to include it with my Aelon Labs Z-stick... but it does not work.

The Everspring manual is not very clear about this: ftp://ftp.zwaveeurope.com/pub/man/en/EV ... _in_en.pdf

It say's:
When first power is applied, its LED flashes on and off alternately
and repeatedly at 2-second intervals. It implies that is has not been assigned a
node ID and cannot work with Z-Wave enabled devices.
Mine does this... but the manual does not tell me how to get the device in to inclusion-mode.
mhn

Re: Everspring AN157 inclusion ?

Post by mhn »

Hi.

I have tried 2 types of Everspring AN157. (One was branded Flex-Control)

The Flex-Control branded did as my manual said. When your Aeon stick is in inclusion mode press the button once. (The light is the button.)

The Everspring branded needed the button pushed three times to include.

Regards
Morten
jmwiersma
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jmwiersma »

Well here we go:

1. I put the Z-stick(v2) in the exclude mode -> push button 3 sec -> light blinks fast
2. I put the module (AN157-2) in the power socket -> the light on the module blinks
3. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns on, module is on.
4. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns off, module is off.
5. I push the on/off button on the module.. -> light on the module button turns on, module is on.
6. I turn the Z-stick off

I keep the module in the power socket

7. I put the Z-stick(v2) in the include mode -> push button -> light blinks 'normal'
8. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns off, module is off.
9. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns on, module is on.
10. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns off, module is off.

Nothing happends on the Z-Stick. According to the manual it should display a solid 3 second light on the stick when it registers a new device. :roll:

I remove the module from the power socket.

11. I put the Z-stick(v2) in the include mode -> push button -> light blinks 'normal'
12. I put the module (AN157-2) in the power socket -> the light on the module blinks
13. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns on, module is on.
14. I push the on/off button on the module. -> light on the module button turns off, module is off.
15. I push the on/off button on the module.. -> light on the module button turns on, module is on.

Nothing happends on the Z-Stick. According to the manual it should display a solid 3 second light on the stick when it registers a new device.

I downloaded the latest EU firmware for the Z-Stick(v2), flash, did the include proces again... nothing... :cry:

I also own a HomeSeer PRO copy (for X10 until now..). Could this help to troubleshoot ?
jmwiersma
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jmwiersma »

Solved:

The 'push the on/off button 3x' should be 3x within 1,5 seconds. (so push the button really fast 3x). :D
thorian
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by thorian »

I had THE SAME problem.
I did manage to get the AN157 under HomeGenie, can you post the pics of the back oif your module ?

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”