Ducth:
http://blog.tane.nl/?p=178

English with google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... en&act=url
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
edek

Re: Everspring SM103 Sensor review

Post by edek »

I'm not to pleased with both my SM103 sensors, don't know what is wrong,they used to work.
I'm using Homeseer Pro, the SM103 sensors are placed on my garagedoors. They worked fine, until I had to reinstall Homeseer on a different server (I'm using a FIT-PC2i now, great little Atom pc, smallest i've ever seen, passive cooling, 7watt).
I'm able to add the SM103's to Homeseer, I see the root, switch and batterylevel being added. Does not always work right away, I have tried rejoining them several times, just to get it to work, and sometimes it doesn't scan all the modules in the SM103 at once. After adding them and seeing all modules, the batterylevel is updated, root will stay "never set" (which is normal i think), but the switch always stay never set also. I checked both devices, the reed relay works (even checked with an ohm meter), but are never updated in Homeseer. I checked all the settings, even against the old server which I can still reach. I removed all z-wave devices from the Aeon Labs Z-stick, cleared it completely, added the SM103 devices, same problem. My Mertens Z-wave switches work fine, so I do have communication.

I’m also using a EZ Motion 3in1 sensor, which worked reasonably (for some reasing it doesn’t always detect movement, like it’s sleeping, after half an hour the led will blink and it detects motion), up until erasing the z-stick and adding it again, now I’m having the same problems as with the SM103: all sensors are read (temp, battery, brightness), but it is not switching (stays on never set, even if the led is blinking when I move in front of it).

The only thing I can think of is:
Newest Homeseer version is not working ok; did a reinstall of the older 2.4 version, same problem
The Z-stick is not working correctly; this could be due to several updates applied over the last year?

What to do? I’m stuck here, thinking of buying a Seluxit Viasense 100, just to rule out the Z-stick.

Any ideas?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I think your are missing the association with Homeseer
Check this in the root device via association
you need to set the sm103 in tamper mode before you can setup association with Homeseer and other devices.
edek

Post by edek »

Enver, thanks, I noticed a similar post coming from you about this a couple of days ago, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my browserhistory. I remembered part of the post, and have been looking for " tamper mode" but couldn't find it. Can you please explain?

Can you also point me to info about association in regard to homeseer/zwave?

Thanks.

Emile
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

just unplug the sensor from the door.
It will be switch to tamper mode.
in Homeseer search for the device and change the association.
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

I've bought a few of these as well and Enver's tip on the association with Homeseer was the one that got me going.
I noticed the tamper switch is not generating a message when released altough the manual talks about a tamper event report.

Somebody noticed the same behaviour or do I have to make another setting somewhere?
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

Hi Enver,

I've bought the SM103 to use it in a doorbell->homeseer setup.
I'm now doing some dry testing: connecting a wired bell button dircectly to the external wire connection (that is: without any current).
Pressing the button delivers the results I'm looking for.

Since I'm a novice in electricity, I'm wondering: Can I simply include the SM103 in the present circuit (that is: connect the SM103 to the bell wire which produces a 8V current when the bell button is pressed)? Or will it break the SM103 when 8V is applied to the external wired connection and should I us a relais switch in between the bell circuit and the SM103?
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

nico_gh2 wrote:I've bought a few of these as well and Enver's tip on the association with Homeseer was the one that got me going.
I noticed the tamper switch is not generating a message when released altough the manual talks about a tamper event report.

Somebody noticed the same behaviour or do I have to make another setting somewhere?
I've noticed exact the same behaviour: no message after the tamper switch is activated
Henk_J

Post by Henk_J »

Reiniert,

This will not work. The external connection is just a parallel connection of the reed relais inside the sensor so you need a switch on these connections. What I did is order a 6V relais, gelijkrichter (sorry don't know the english word for this) and condensator 1000 uF. This will feed the relais and the contacts of the relais should be connected to the external connection of the sensor. If you forget the condensator it can happen that when somebody presses the doorbell shortly the time is to short to trigger the relais. This setup works fine at my house.
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

-removed- (double post)
Last edited by Reiniertc on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

Thanks Henk_J, for your quick reply.
I've bought the components you mentioned and made a setup.
It works, but in my case only if I press the bell button for three seconds or more.
What could I be doing wrong?
Henk_J

Post by Henk_J »

Try to remove the condensator and see what happens. Did you connect the condensator correctly (plus to plus and minus to minus) ?
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

Hi Henk_J,

I'll try the setup without the condensator.
(I've checked: minus is connected to minus ans plus to plus).

I've made a (sort of) diagram of the way I've build it - see attachment.

I also posted a piture of the components used (and the amateuristic way I've made the setup ;-) )
Attachments
foto of the setup
foto of the setup
foto.JPG (153.2 KiB) Viewed 12851 times
diagram
diagram
sm103.png (61.91 KiB) Viewed 12851 times
Henk_J

Post by Henk_J »

Relais is 12 V. I've noticed that the AC voltage especially when you press the button very short is not enough to activate the relais, that's the reason I used a 6V relais. Activation time is so short that this will not damage the relais.
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

Henk_J wrote:Relais is 12 V. I've noticed that the AC voltage especially when you press the button very short is not enough to activate the relais, that's the reason I used a 6V relais. Activation time is so short that this will not damage the relais.
Yep, that was the trick!
I've replaced the 24v relais with a 6v relais and it now works great.
Thanks Henk_J!

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”