Everspring SM103 Sensor review

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Everspring SM103 Sensor review

Post by Reiniertc »

mmm... after almost a year I continued with my door bell setup.
It worked just fine when I build (and stored it for later use).
Right now when I use it, the door bell needs to be pressed for 2-3 seconds.
I'm guessing that either the condensator is broke, or I need one with different specs.

If the latter is the case: which specs should I buy in order to decrease the time that's needed to press the doorbell?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m having the same issue. Although i`m not using the SM103 but a K8055. I`m using a 9V DC powerbrick which is feeding my 3 6V DV (gamma) doorbells and 12v relay+elco.

When i press the button the doorbells draw too much juice to power up the relay and elco. When i remove a doorbell the problem is solved in some cases. When i measure during press there seem to be 3volt left. But i use a digital multimeter which are slow so there could be more :D

I think the elco is also drawn by the doorbells too it will not charge enough for the relay to switch

Maybe we can try a smaller elco and a relay for 6V (the elco should powerup you relais for 3 seconds to trigger the SM103
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Reiniertc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Reiniertc »

OK, i'll try a smaller elco. But being a noob on this subject, I have to ask:
by "smaller", do you meen a lower voltage (currently 25v) or less uF (currently 1000uF)?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Reiniertc wrote:OK, i'll try a smaller elco. But being a noob on this subject, I have to ask:
by "smaller", do you meen a lower voltage (currently 25v) or less uF (currently 1000uF)?
I`m no expert either but i think you need a lower uF value
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”