Z-Wave enabled Philips Senseo

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Noel

Re: Z-Wave enabled Philips Senseo

Post by Noel »

I really hope for you that you did not wire the rest of your house :shock:
--
Maak nu je eigen video bericht online.
Anyone interested in time travel meet me here last Thursday!!
ıɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ buıɥʇʎuɐ ʇɹɐʇs ɹǝʌǝu
maartenvt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by maartenvt »

Hahahahah, no. this is just test. not final!!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Philips will take this over in a minute :D
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
jama
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jama »

Sorry to bring back an oldish thread.

I am getting a senseo and want it constantly on, basically to remove the 1hr auto off.

If the on button is constantly pressed does it remain on?
If this is the case I will crack it open when it arrives and add an extra switch round back for 'always on' functionality.

Jama
Henk

Post by Henk »

Have a look here in case of repair of changing the timer

http://www.onderdelensenseo.nl/?page=Ge ... nwijzingen

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I dont need spare parts, with all respect, senseo is not coffee :D
klompertje
Starting Member
Starting Member

side project

Post by klompertje »

hello,

my name is marco and im very interested in house automation&domotica.

recently i got a senseo coffeymachine and i want to automate it, so that it will set coffey at 8 o clock in the morning for example.

so i took the thing apart and figurered out that the on/off and 1cup/2cup buttons are pulse switches that sets the program in motion.
so basically what i want to do is find a way to overule those buttons with pulse-relais or a time switch device, so i can set a time for it to go on, set coffey, go off.
will pulse-relais work on low voltage circuit board signals?
the problem im stuck witch is that i already broke the machine and i need help with this project, is what i want actually possible? or is there another approach?

any thoughts or advice on what to use is helpful, thankyou in advance.
menno26
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by menno26 »

Hi,

You can have de Duwi working on 12VDC.
I have 2 Duwi's that had some problems keeping the relay contacts closed. So after a while devices turned off while the LED indicator stayed on...
So I modified the Duwi's to work on 12VDC by soldering out the 4 diodes on the relayboard, In the middle of these 4 diodes are two soldered through holes, these are the + and - 12v for the relay and zwave board. By disconnecting the diodes, I can now switch what ever load I want.
You only need a 12v power supply.

Looking at your pictures the Duwi is the same, I think you can also swap the normal relay for an pulse relay.
If you try to switch "on and hold" the senseo power button you wil see that it stays on, releasing it after let's say 10 sec. is not changing the status.
turning it off with a swithing interval of 10 seconds works also fine.

so, modding you duwi to run on 12v can control your senseo on/off switch. You'll only need a scenario in your controller that every Duwi on... and after 10 seconds... Duwi off sequence is one status change for the senseo.
Henk

Post by Henk »

With the introduction of a new generation Senseo coffeemaker the Senseo Sarista again the challenge how to automate it ..
it makes more sense(o) because it takes more time to produce a cup or can of coffee as the classic Senseo.
Again it will be a matter to bridge the push buttons with a relay.

Another challenge is how to refill the bean funnels (cannisters) with your own and cheaper beans.
It is not only a matter of putting a hole in it and fill it up, there is a stupid protection mechanism inside the funnel
The coffeemaker will drive the bean dispenser with a spindle - this spindle is a kind of screw and there is a bolt on it , this bolt will lock/drive the wheel to swipe the beans into the grinder.
This bolt will go down after each serving because it is sitting on the screw and after ca. 30 servings it will drop of the spindle ...and not connecting anymore the spindle with the swiper .... and the swiper will stop with rotating.

So a modification is needed to fix the spindle to the swiper .... you can put a small screw on top of the swiper to it will be fixed with the spindle or put a hot iron to melt it together
just open one funnel for investigation and it makes sense(o) and sure there are many other solutions to bypass this protection.

It will be a matter of time and the next generation funnel will have a RFID chip and the coffeemaker will read the chip .....

Henk

Henk

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”