Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat

Post by Mdamen »

I just installed this device this weekend, after hacking around on the software side for about a week. As far as a I know its the first european z-wave thermostat.
The device has some trouble in Homeseer and with Vera as well, hope they will fix it soon. It does work nicely now in my own software (HouseAgent), I will blog about it later this week.
Here is some more information about the device: horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDoc ... ataweb.pdf

It allows me to do everything I want to do with my thermostat:

- Control the setpoint
- Get a setpoint report when it is manually changed (also notifications of battery levels and the room temperature)
- Get the actual room temperature

The setpoint takes a maximum of 4 minutes to get to the device, as a setpoint command is queued and sent to the device once it wakes up.
All and all a nice device for only 90 euros.
Herbus

Re: Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat

Post by Herbus »

Looks good. I hope that it will be working in Homeseer soon. Seems to be good alternative for the Proliphix which is expensive and very hard to get.
Herbus (Jos)
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Good to hear that it's working.
I will open a ticket for the Homeseer support in the next weeks.
Same probleem as the Danfoss radiator valve.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
soitjes

Post by soitjes »

Maarten,

Where did you buy it for only 90 euro ? I found one on zwave4u.com, but it's 102 euro.

Regards,

Soitjes.
My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

mondelloman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mondelloman »

Just got the horstmann thermostat everything works fine with vera, set point on and off ,apart from room temp does not show up on my iPhone Any ideas thanks
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

Here is my blog post about this thermostat: http://www.maartendamen.com/2011/05/hor ... hermostat/
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

mondelloman wrote:Just got the horstmann thermostat everything works fine with vera, set point on and off ,apart from room temp does not show up on my iPhone Any ideas thanks
You need to set configuration parameter one:

Configuration Parameter Number 1:
0-127 disables temperature sensor, 128-255 enables temperature sensor. Default = 0.
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

Some extra information available about this stat on my blog: maartendamen.com/2011/06/horstmann-hrt4 ... open-ends/
simjoc

Post by simjoc »

Thanks for the explanation Maarten. I get the following error in HS, I dunno if it's the lack of support of that I'm doing something wrong. Maybe someone can help?

When starting HS up:
16-10-2011 15:16:04 ZWave Thermostats Error in GetSupportedModes for node 4: Return was null
16-10-2011 15:16:04 ZWave Thermostats Devices Updated for thermostat: Z-Wave Thermostat 4
16-10-2011 15:16:04 ZWave Thermostats Aborting poll of this thermostat due to an error retrieving the temperature. Z-Wave Thermostat 4 Node: 4

When using rescan:
16-10-2011 15:18:49 Z-Wave ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 4 ==========
16-10-2011 15:18:49 Z-Wave Warning Re-Sync failed to get node information from Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 4
16-10-2011 15:18:49 Warning Unable to send a NULL command to Z-Wave device 5
16-10-2011 15:18:49 Z-Wave Warning The new node (5) is not a listening device, or it is currently not responding. If this is a listening type device and it is not a generic controller, please make sure it is awake before trying Import/Rescan again.

When using optimize:
Optimizing node 4 (Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 4)...... Done. The operation did not succeed, Add Return Route was not attempted. Check the log for any additional information.
Node 4 Neighbor Status: One Neighbor: 1
Optimization complete. Reloading the interface cache...

In the Zwho overview I see this:
Attachments
zwho.jpg
zwho.jpg (155.02 KiB) Viewed 14741 times
8r1an
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by 8r1an »

The Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat is not fully supported by Homeseer yet.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

I am considering getting the HRT4-ZW because on the HS board it seems to work.

How do you guys deal with the lack of scheduling in the device, did you create one in the control software? Does that mean you will have to create an event for every change you need?

Bastiaan
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

My zwave devices are read in Merten software first. I use the aeon stick as secondair device.
Do you know of the this thermostat will work in this configuration for 100%?

B.R. Wim :)
hkmod25
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hkmod25 »

Probably not. The reason for this can be that Merten Configuration software don have support (config. files) for the Horstmann device.
As result you will get some Not Reliable device in merten software that will be not possible to del. But of course you can try.
Soepkip
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Soepkip »

Hello everyone, my name is Martin and I'm new to both the forum and Domotica. I'm from the Netherlands and I just ordered the HRT4-ZW from the UK. To start with Z-Wave home automation, I'm still looking for the right USB interface (and software package, I'm now aiming for Z-Cloud) too make this thermostat remotely controllable, looking forward to it!

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”