Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
DrDoo

DUCO

Post by DrDoo »

Somebody heard of these ?

http://www.duco.eu/producten/producten.cfm?cat=3
http://www.duco.eu/index.cfm

Ventilation system based on Zwave
Last edited by Bwired on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please translate! English forum
talisman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: DUCO

Post by talisman »

Has anyone integrated one of these yet? I need a new ventilation unit and it would be great if I could control the thing myself.

Cheers,
Elco
talisman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by talisman »

After some correspondence with Duco, it turns out that z-wave is used for communication between the sensors and the control unit. The ventilation unit and the control unit are still wired using "0-10 volt PWM sturing" (doesn't mean much to me).

Cheers,
Elco
CowboyTW
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by CowboyTW »

PWM is Pulse Width modulation. Some kind of technique to mimic analog by shorten and extending the digital 0 and 1 voltage levels very quickly.
-=Professional Domotica Newbie!=-
strake1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by strake1 »

Hello,

I have a DUCO system in my house, CO2 RH and IQ.
If i want to include the C02 unit homeseer respons but can't complete the include function. Maybe homeseer doesn't support the device?

See the attachment
Attachments
error message
error message
duco.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 18740 times
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

We're going to replace our ventilators above the wondows. Made contact with Duco for some more information.

For now it looks this system doens't fit into a self build control system (HomeSeer of Vera). It uses the Z-Wave technology to communicate with the duco control panel. It messures the CO2 quality in a room and with that info the verntilation will open or close.
At this moment there are not yet any devices that can messure the CO2 quality in a room and send that back to HS or Vera. So you'll be stuck with the Duco control panels, which in my opinion makes this not a suitable product to incorporate in your domotica system.

Just my two cents...
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Pardon my "unknowingness" on the DUCO topic. But as far as I'm known to Z-wave by now: Z-wave is a closed protocol for which certification is required and it has a "standard" commandset which can bet queried or which can actively send status updates. Whether or not HS or Vera are able to correctly interpret the information the DUCO devices send back, it should be able to PAIR the devices into the Z-wave network. Unless it's a protocol version issue:

Perhaps it's configured to use Z-wave version 3.20 and higher only, in which case it could make it incompatible with z-wave 2.78 masters (like the Aeon stick or the Vera V1 and Vera V2). The Vera V3 for example is able to speak both 3.20 and 2.78, is it also unable to pair with that?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
hkmod25
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hkmod25 »

jrkalf wrote:Perhaps it's configured to use Z-wave version 3.20 and higher only, in which case it could make it incompatible with z-wave 2.78 masters (like the Aeon stick or the Vera V1 and Vera V2). The Vera V3 for example is able to speak both 3.20 and 2.78, is it also unable to pair with that?
I think it is actually not correct to refer to some "internal" firmware version numbers for one or another manufacturer so long you speak about official Z-Wave SDK, versions:
Zensys Firmware 4.27;
Zensys Firmware 5.02;
Zensys Firmware 5.02 Service Pack 2;
Zensys Firmware 5.02 Service Pack 3;
Zensys Firmware 4.51;
Zensys Firmware 4.52;
Zensys Firmware 4.53 (?).
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

You are very true on that. Sorry. That bit slipt my mind.
Some companies somehow used version names as 2.78 and 3.20. While in fact it refered to higher numbers of the zwave protocol firmware versions as delivered by zensys. I know Fibaro, Aeon-Labs and Micasa Verde seem to use it. I don't exactly know why though.

Zensys firmware 4.52 is version 3.20 used by Micasa Verde and as far as I've personally seen while using them: the Fibaro FGS221 uses it as well.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I did not know it existed but bookmarked for know.

At this moment i have an ITHO with a Duwi switch for stand 3 and therefore Z-Wave is working but the device is not very green in power usage
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Mij old windows in the living room will be replaced in two months. We will introduce a automatic Duco ventilation system into the new windows. Some people on the forum has also this Duco system. Can you tell which type you use and your experiences about this type

B.R Wim :)
Last edited by Wim2008 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Today I got an answer from Duco (I send Duco Sunday an email). They say that there system DucoTronic ventilation is working with the standard z-wave version 4.51. So the DucoTronic can be controlled with all standard z-wave products.

Does anybody know if Homeseer is working on z-wave version 4.51?

B.R. Wim :)
DrDoo

Post by DrDoo »

Last post has been a while.
Now our central ventilation unit is dying. So thinking again to buy a DucoBox to replace it.

Anyone can confirm it can be included in Homeseer, or perhaps be controlled by a wall switch?

Price for ITHO or DUCO ventilation units seem to be about the same, ITHO has built RFT (radio frequente) regeling. But im not sure if that could be controlled by perhaps RFXcom..
So i'd rather go for the DOCU at the moment (Don't have rfxcom yet)...
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I know there is someone who is using the RFT box with a third party contoller.

http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/Weeder

I have an ITHO fan using 3 pin 230V + 1 nul and + 1 earth (Pin1 is slow, Pin2 is medium, Pin3 is fast) normaly pin 2 is connected so the ventilation is always on speed medium. When i take a shower i use a Duwi Switch to close Pin3

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7166
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

I have made last year an internal ventilator with a Merten device. Also with a relais.

B.R. Wim :)

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”