Z-wave curtain (drapper) control

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Z-wave curtain (drapper) control

Post by hilgie »

Currently I'm looking into controlling my curtains with zwave. The only fully z wave control I came accriss on the internet are the ones from forest ( http://www.gordijncomfort.nl/bestellen.php).
I'd find this rather expensive.

I also found the ones from Harrison, but this is x10 (should still be able to control through vera) and cists half as much as the the ones from forest.

I'm really interested if anyone else has a more affordable solution.

Cheers Danny
freakstar

Re: Z-wave curtain (drapper) control

Post by freakstar »

Same here, very interested in nice solutions. Have some touchts to build something myself beceause i don't want to lose my "roedes" (don't know how to call it in English).
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I use a cheap electronic curtain rail. Now a days you can find them sometimes on marktplaats/ebay or else in some domoticashops. Its the type where you connect up to four rails of one meter. Its chinese, but in holland they sold it under the brand schadeboo (or something like that) at praxis for some time.

It has a wired remote, which after some testing i replaced with a duwi z-wave curtain switch. This works fine for me.
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re:

Post by hilgie »

Phaeton wrote:I use a cheap electronic curtain rail. Now a days you can find them sometimes on marktplaats/ebay or else in some domoticashops. Its the type where you connect up to four rails of one meter. Its chinese, but in holland they sold it under the brand schadeboo (or something like that) at praxis for some time.

It has a wired remote, which after some testing i replaced with a duwi z-wave curtain switch. This works fine for me.
So, this works fine with veta or hs? Do you actually get a status back in vera if hs? And when you open or close by hand you see this as well in vera or hs?

What were the total costs of this solution?

Cheers,

Danny
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I found a electronic curtainrails on marktplaats (new) for €100,-. The duwi curtain switch was spare, but costs around € 50,-.

If you buy the zwave.me version of the curtain switch the status changes also with manual control. I update my devices in homeseer every 300". This is fine for me.
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

Ok, I've found something on the internet: http://www.exp-china.com/html/electric- ... 00_5m.html

It says that it has a 6-pin intergration interface available.
What can I do with this? Put a duwi zwave.me controller on it?

Cheers,

Danny
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I have exactly the same type.
But from a different 'brand' (probably a rebrand).
my type number is cl-200t.

You can find a lot of video's on youtube: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=ele ... 80&bih=848

Only difference is this has a RJ45 connection, which should make it easier to connect to the duwi module. My remote was soldered, so I cut the wire ;-)

tonight I'll post some pictures of how I did it.
Last edited by Phaeton on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
groeten,
Harry
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

Phaeton wrote: Only difference is this has a RJ45 connection, which should make it easier to connect to the duwi module. My remote was soldered, so I cut the wire ;-)

tonight I'll post some pictures of how I did it.
Some pics would be nice. Also, could you tell me which zwave.me controller I've to buy for this?

Cheers,

Danny
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

Phaeton,

Any luck with the pics? Still ver curious. Also which zwave.me controller to use.

Cheers,

Danny
redcld
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by redcld »

hilgie wrote:Phaeton,

Any luck with the pics? Still ver curious. Also which zwave.me controller to use.

Cheers,

Danny

I have the same one and trying to make it work with Zwave. Did you have any luck? Did you use thr RJ45 or did you have to open up the motor?
Thanks
redcld
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: zwave curtain

Post by redcld »

Phaeton wrote:I use a cheap electronic curtain rail. Now a days you can find them sometimes on marktplaats/ebay or else in some domoticashops. Its the type where you connect up to four rails of one meter. Its chinese, but in holland they sold it under the brand schadeboo (or something like that) at praxis for some time.

will any duwi module work?
Is it just a matter of figuring out which wire does what from the rJ45 then splicing them into module?
Thanks.
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

Hi RedCld,
have you tried this yet? I'm wondering about cheaper options for blind control too. The china version could be good.
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Sorry for the late answer. Let me explain. I just openenend my duwi shutter module to make a pictures of the way I connected it.

This is how I did this:
I openened up the remote. The I found out that every button has it own live wire and there is one neutral wire in the remote. The buttons shortcuts the correspondenting live wire with the neutral wire. This made it easy to use in a shutter module. lengtened the wire from the motor to be able to build the shuttermodule in my wall.

I fixed the module like this:

N = Blue wire = neutral 220 volts
L = Brown wire = Line/live wire 220v

~1 = the live wire (5 or 12 volts, cannot remember) from the remote that correspondents with the opening button
~2 = the live wire from the remote that correspondents with the closing button
com = the neutral from the remote(important, dont use the 220v neutral)

A little more explanation:
The N & L are for feeding the module with power and are in no way connected with the ~1, ~ 2 and com. These are seperated.

Because the buttons give a ' pulse' when you press them, you have to reprogramm the duwi.me module to shorten the time the relay makes contact. You can find an instruction here: http://www.ihomeautomate.eu/2011/10/?lang=nl

This way I can fully open and close my curtains in Homeseer, with the button or just pulling on them. I use the last option the most :D
groeten,
Harry
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

Thanks for the information, Phaeton.
What Z-wave devivce is that?
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
cw-kid
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cw-kid »

Hi Phaeton, thanks for sharing.

I would really like to do the same thing in my living room, please can you confirm which curtain rail you have, CL-800 ? Can anyone else answer my questions?

Looking on the web there are several types of electric curtain rail systems available.

CT-220 This is from Aliexpress I don't know the manufacturers name.

Curtain Call CL-810T

With the CL-810T there is an optional box for connectivity to home automation systems see it here not sure if I would need this box to connect to the Duwi blind control module ?

CL-800 here looks the same system as the CL-810T and also has the option of this home automation connectivity box.

I am assuming this Z-wave.me would be the correct Duwi blind module to use.

I would like central opening curtains I am assuming I only need a single motor for this and not a dual one as shown in this image I think a dual motor setup is for if you have a sheer behind the curtains.

Thanks

EDIT: Long and detailed thread here about electric curtain tracks and Z-wave on the Micasaverde forum.
Last edited by cw-kid on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”