Remote Wall Controller

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remote Wall Controller

Post by hilgie »

Anybodu know if there is a remote wall controller like the picture below available for the eu market? In the Dutch online shops I can't find anything.

Also, take a look at the following link: http://www.afriel.com/catalog/zwave-6sc ... p-878.html

I want this for my home security for which I'm going to use Z-wave. So, when I enter the door I want to manually, through the use of the mentioned controller, switch of the alarm/security.

Cheers,

Danny
olof

Re: Remote Wall Controller

Post by olof »

Danny,

I don't think there is such a wall unit for Europe (I also checked http://www.zwaveguru.com to be sure). Please note that US frequency doesn't match with European Z-wave products. Unfortunately, because there is A LOT more z-wave products in the US than in Europe. Sigh..

An alternative solution could be a cheap Android tablet with WIFI and a web interface to your z-wave controller (Vera, Homeseer, or ...). Android tablets can be had for less than EUR 100,- these days and such interfaces are usually free. Another advantage (to me) would be a more visual interface for the end user than just a number pad. Just for inspiration, you could go to the Homeseer-HSTouch area on this forum. HSTouch is the mobile/tablet interface for Homeseer. Some of the forum members have made great looking interfaces

hope it helps
Olof
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

Olof,

Thanks for your reply and info. I'll use a vera with android phones. But when u come into the house and want to switch of the alarm, it's rather handy to have a wall console in the hall. This will always work (batteries won't die).

Cheers,

Danny

P.S. will the z-wave supply for the european market increase shortly that u know of?
olof

Post by olof »

]I'll use a vera with android phones. But when u come into the house and want to switch of the alarm, it's rather handy to have a wall console in the hall. This will always work (batteries won't die).
An alternative could be an Ipad or IpodTouch with a in-wall dock which keeps the tablet/phone charged all the time. Not sure if in-wall docks exists for Android tablets though.
There are some beautifull solutions around. Just check out some of these results as examples:
google.nl/search?tbm=isch&hl=nl& ... 7l47l1l1l0

Granted, an expensive solution. But, with the right in-wall dock (e.g. tablet easily removable) it could be the perfect place to put the tablet when you leave the house to get charged back-up.
P.S. will the z-wave supply for the european market increase shortly that u know of?
It's actually increased quite a bit in the last 2 years. It seems that every few months or so, there's a new z-wave device in Europe being introduced by somebody. Still far, far away from the US, but it's getting better all the time...

cheers
Olof
Last edited by olof on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
olof

Post by olof »

Another thought, couldn't you use your android phone to turn off the z-wave-based alarm before you entered the house?
Based on some kind of webinterface?
hilgie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hilgie »

olof wrote:Another thought, couldn't you use your android phone to turn off the z-wave-based alarm before you entered the house?
Based on some kind of webinterface?
Yes, ofcourse this is possible. But like I said, I don't want to rely on my batteries. So a wall console is preferred.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”