ip66 z-wave pir for bathroom

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
mrqnapper

ip66 z-wave pir for bathroom

Post by mrqnapper »

I want to be able to control the bathroom lightning and fan. Since now the light and fan will remain on for several hours without anyone being in the bathroom. My idea is having an occupation pir in the bathroom, which might be the most easy solution? Now I am wondering, if there are any afordable ip66 (water resistant) (z-wave) pir available?
Any suggestions.

Or is there a better way controlling this? Pir in the hallway next to the bathroom? But than there is always movement on the hallway runnig in and out..

I use HomeseerPro for the controlling part.

Thanks. Wiechert
John

Re: ip66 z-wave pir for bathroom

Post by John »

In my opinion an IP66 PIR sensor is not required. Most of the sensors are powered by batteries, and the lightning in the bathroom is also not IP66.

John
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Yes your right about that. But it can be very humid (steam) in the bathroom, does this not disturb the working of the pir?

Wiechert.
John

Post by John »

I have a HSM100 EU PIR sensor in the bathroom for almost a year without any problems till now.

John
Niels

Post by Niels »

Check out Aeon Labs Multisensor, also discussed in this domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=50& ... amp;t=6456 topic.

Few problems: still in pre-order, no eu freq's (yet), ip44 (but as long as you don''t take it with you in the swower...)
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Thanks, saw that new pir already. Looks very nice to me. But since I need the EU version I think I have to wait for it.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

The new Everspring HSP02 wil also work fine.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”