Gateway

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
adekka
Starting Member
Starting Member

Gateway

Post by adekka »

After reading many many threads on this forum I decided to go for it :)

I'm about to spend some money on zwave after some investigation work. I'm at the stage that I know what I want for what room and that zwave should be my solution. The only thing I haven't decided on yet is the gateway. For me the most important part of my setup.

Let me explain why. A couple of years ago I was more or less at the same point but then it was about music. I decided to go for the squeezebox. After two years of playing around and a lot of agony and frustration I decided to sell the stuff and go for sonos. What a relieve was that. The difference? Stability and quality.

So, my question Is: what is the best gateway for a non programmer but still techy enough to know what's going on under the hood, who's looking for stability and quality and an interface via iPad.

My options so far: Vera lite and fibro home server.
uAlex73

Re: Gateway

Post by uAlex73 »

Vera is the most logical choice, if you don't want to go for DomotiGa or HomeSeer. Positive thing is that it also can handle certain none Z-Wave devices, which Fibaro i think, can't.
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”