Thermostats...?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Thermostats...?

Post by Moskus »

Are there no thermostats for Europe that works with HomeSeer?
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Thermostats...?

Post by Digit »

Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

As it says in the article, there are several posts that claim that it doesn't work with HomeSeer. Have you tried it yourself?
HSPro 2.5.0.60, X10 CM11, Z-wave Aeon Stick2, RFXCOM, Script Connector, BT connector, DI Connector, DooNetwork, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLicon, DenonAVR, WebcamXP, Jon00s MaxiBee and Webpage builder
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i use proliphix nt 10 and nt20 , but they arent made anymore , proliphix has went his strategy to big buildings climate control, the homeuser is not interesting anymore just like plugwise.

there are a lot of new online thermostats , but the disadvantage , in my opnion is it is al cloud based, not for a stand alone system like homeseer on you computer at home.

The trend is a tablet at home and servers in the cloud.
Last edited by labium on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

labium wrote:The trend is a tablet at home and servers in the cloud.
... yes, I've seen this too. And that's all good and well until your internet connection drops and you can't turn of the living room lights anymore. :D
(The same reason why I don't believe in web storage only, like the old Skydrive was. You NEED a local copy of your files.)

I prefer to have my home control where it belongs: At home. ;)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Moskus wrote:Have you tried it yourself?
I posted the link cause I knew Maarten had a ZWave thermostat; sorry I didn't read his whole post.
No I didn't try it, I don't use Homeseer.
Moskus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moskus »

Digit wrote:
Moskus wrote:Have you tried it yourself?
I posted the link cause I knew Maarten had a ZWave thermostat; sorry I didn't read his whole post.
No I didn't try it, I don't use Homeseer.
I figured as much, but thanks anyway. :)
According to my reading it should work somehow til HomeSeer.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

I am using the Horstmann with Homeseer. Two things:
The HS plugin did not work very well but they promised to fix it a while ago. Haven't had time to check the latest version but I am sceptic.
There is no timer system in the HRT4

I am using some events that directly control the thermostat, setting morning, evening and night temps. That worked well last winter. I can also see the temp and settings on the HS touch screens although that has a huge lag and is not always reliable.

See: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7090

Bastiaan
mrtiger
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mrtiger »

I have been lokking for this too, but havent found something that i can use.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”