Simple Z-Wave controller for heating management

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Alexey Zimarev
Starting Member
Starting Member

Simple Z-Wave controller for heating management

Post by Alexey Zimarev »

Guys,

I got a need to create a custom controllable heating system with temperature sensors and panel ovens. What I can't find is a simple input controller with two buttons and digital display. The idea is that the system will set temperature automatically and users will only be able to adjust it within some range. This will be managed via controller. For example if the user sets temperature higher than the standard temperature plus 3 degrees, the controller will drop temperature down to the higher limit. Controller should also switch panel ovens on and off. So assume I can arrange some software that will do it, but where do I get this simple input device? I checked some thermostats and they all either work in pairs input/receiver or replace a traditional thermostat. Also all of those have lots of functions to manage that I completely don't need, I don't want users to mess around with menus.

So, is there such a device on the market or can I have some workarounds with something else instead?

Appreciate your advise.
Alexey Zimarev
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Simple Z-Wave controller for heating management

Post by Alexey Zimarev »

I actually have found that Everspring ST814 could be an option (but has too many buttons) or Horstmann HRT4-ZW will be a better but more expensive option since it accepts setpoint command, which, as I understand, is the command I need to send in order to adjust temperature the user selects manually.
uncle Andrew
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by uncle Andrew »

I am looking for information about myGate controller (http://www.ihome.eu) at the moment for a similar task. It looks like it can control multiple heating panels without thermostats
and without internet connection.
But does anybody knows if it can be configured from outside Netherlands through 2myHome server? Unfortunately there is no too much information at the provider's site.
BeNext-iHome
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BeNext-iHome »

Hi Andrew,

with the ihome system you need the internet to configure the system, but after that you don't need the internet connection to work with the system. there are several options to control your heatings, you can install several PowerSwitches or EnergySwitches and you can use the remote display controller to switch scenes.

You have to configure the scene/groups or lifestyles yourself at www.ihome.eu.
After that you have to generate the rules and let the site program it into your gateway. thats all.

make scenes like heating on 20degrees, heating off, heating on 22degree etc etc.

off course i would recommend that you also install some temperature sensors inside your system to monitor the heating system and turn it on/off when it is warm enough/.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”