QEES launched Z-Wave PC Tool

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
QEES
Starting Member
Starting Member

QEES launched Z-Wave PC Tool

Post by QEES »

Starting with the 6th of November, QEES released the first version of the Z-Wave PC Tool, designed to help users control and update Z-Wave devices. You can read more about
COPENHAGEN, November, 6th, 2012 – The Danish energy management solution provider QEES announces the launch of the Z-Wave PC Tool. This PC application is available for download here.

The QEES Z-Wave PC Tool is designed to easily help users control Z-Wave devices or upgrade QEES Z-Wave devices over the air or over USB. The main features of the QEES Z-Wave PC Tool are: create and control a Z-Wave network, create and control groups and scenes, over the air or over USB software upgrade for QEES devices and power metering.

“Besides enhancing the comfort degree and helping end-users save energy, we also aim to offer future proof solutions. We take pride in the fact that all QEES devices are software upgradable and our clients do not need to worry about purchasing new smart homes devices in the next years. The PC Tool we are launching is an important landmark for the home automation industry since it gives the user complete control over the appliances in his home”, says Dennis Rohde, CEO of QEES.

The QEES Z-Wave PC Tool is to be used with MyKey, QEES’ Z-Wave controller, in order to gain access to the entire network of devices in a home.
the PC Tool here: qees.eu/component/k2/item/25-qees-launc ... ve-pc-tool and download it here: http://www.qees.eu/products/z-wave/z-wavepctool.
QEES
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: QEES launched Z-Wave PC Tool

Post by QEES »

QEES brings good News for Mac users. The QEES Z-Wave Tool for Mac (v0.5) has the same features as the one for Windows and is now available for download here: http://www.qees.eu/products/z-wave/z-wavepctool
olof

Post by olof »

Is this pc tool also able to control Merten a.k.a schneider z-wave devices?

The Merten stuff has always required their own software until now.

Tx in advance
Olof
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Actually I can not agree with you. Most of Merten devices, also battery powered, working just fine with HomeSeer software.
Yep, merten devices - most of them - are working pretty stable with homeseer ...
olof

Post by olof »

Sorry, I was not clear enough.

My Merten devices are indeed working perfectly within Homeseer. I'm a very happy user :)

What I should have said:
the initial set-up of Merten z-wave devices requires the Merten Connect software. And then transferring this routing info into Homeseer via Aeon Lab stick. Once in Homeseer, they work fine. To my knowledge these steps are still required.

Given the above steps, any new z-wave device (Merten or other brands) need first to be read into Merten Connect software. Only then can they be transferred to Homeseer. It's a hassle but it works.

However, Merten has not updated its software in several years and my worry is that future Z-wave devices will not be properly recognized by Merten Connect software.

If my knowledge is outdated and it's now possible to ditch this procedure, I would love to hear it! :?:

Cheers,
Olof
olof

Post by olof »

Hi HKmod25,
Not at all. You dont need to use Merten CONNECT Configurator USB/Software to add Merten devices (also battery powered) to HomeSeer.
It is also working great to make internal configurations for all Merten wall mounted, battery pow. controllers in HS.
http://www.smarthus.info/support/downlo ... en_bpd.pdf
I set-up my z-wave network about 1.5 years ago using my earlier described procedure. So I'm very (positively) surprised it would be possible to eliminate the Merten Connect Configurator/software. So today I performed some further searches on this forum and the Homeseer forum trying to find more information on this.

What I found:
1. The document you refer to also came up in an 2010 discussion on the well-known problem of getting Merten battery powered 2-gang switches to be read into Homeseer.
board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139 ... amp;page=2
But in this discussion, I thought the participants all still went with first Merten software and then into Homeseer?
2. I was not able to find any discussions which talk about adding Merten Z-wave devices (battery powered or normal powered) directly into Homeseer.

In any case, if it is possible, what do you suggest would be the steps for me to follow now? I have many z-wave devices installed, HS is secondary controller.
Could I try to add 1 new z-wave device directly to HS? Or should I first eliminate my whole z-wave network and then try it?

Thanks in advance for any help
Olof
mhn

Post by mhn »

What about transferring primary? Isn't that enough?

Regards
Morten
mhn

Post by mhn »

I have used it to transfer primary from a secondary, when my primary went down. Shouldn't be possible. I think, but it works fine.

What do you think, I miss reading?
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Be carefull switching from primary to secondary and vv. I ended up with two controllers in secondary mode. Once you are there the only solution is to start with a clean controller and re-pairing all of your zwave devices. Not an exercise you are waiting for ....
mhn

Post by mhn »

Once in a while, my primary acts like secondary. Then I import devices and it's primary again.

I agree it's not a good thing. But I have not yet been forced to rebuild my net.

Regards
Morten

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”