strange problem with zwave.me switch

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
ralhop

strange problem with zwave.me switch

Post by ralhop »

today I,ve got a strange problem with the Associations od 2 of my duwi.me switches. they are standing in homeseer but the switches dont react anymore.
I can control the associated devices with homeseer and I can control the duwi.me switches from homeseer but when I press localy 2 times( Group 2) they dont react anymore.

one of the switches is used as remote for all the living room lights and the local conection with the switch is standing of and controlled from another switch so the 1 press function ( group 1)reacts on the livingroom lights

I´ved tried to exclude and include the switch again to reset it but the problem is still there. it can not be that 2 switches are broken on the same time?

I can with homeseer Associate devices to the groups to the broken switches Homeseer reported back that everything is ok.
Ralph
hkmod25
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: strange problem with zwave.me switch

Post by hkmod25 »

Action on button double press is Disabled as default. So you mast activate this feature in first place.
Look configuration possibilities for Parameter 14. Probably you must use Value=1.
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

I have writen all my settings down so after puting the switch back to default and programmed my old settings i got the same result. So still no working switch.
Ralph
hkmod25
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hkmod25 »

I can say the same one more time:
Go to Configuration menu for respective ZWave.me switch.
In field " Parameter Number" - select 14
In field "Configuration value" - write 1
Click "Set" button
make test again (of course be sure that you have some associations for Gr. 2)
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

I had programmed 14 to one andthat is not the problem ,also when i associate other devices to group one it does not work.
I have 24 of those zwave.me switches in my house and i know how to program them.
Ralph
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

So now 5 of my duwi.me switches are not working any more in 3 week time. it looks like the .me functions are gone. I can not accosiate the switches with other divices any more and it does not give any status update and the dubble function is also not working . the strange thing is that the switches are not in program in much online stores.

does someone know a solution or does have the same problems.

all my duwi.me dimmers and controllers are working with no problem. only the switches have there problem.
Ralph
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

i know there is a problem with the firmware.
my .me are not reporting their status, i have to poll them.
but to sent them all back to the dealer........
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Is it possible that software like HomeSeer has updated the firmware on the Z-Wave switches ? And therefore the .ME funtion stopped working.

How is the process of Z-Wave to Z-Wave.ME working ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

After 3 weeks i got an answer from the store where i bought them that i have to send them back . They get a new firmware . So i send it away yesterday and i hope to get them back soon.
Ralph
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

3 weeks is quite some time. Do you have spare switches in the mean time ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

I had some normal zwave switches that i build in right now.
Ralph
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

Can you poll the ZWave.Me switches?

I have a different kind of a problem, -sometimes- the ZWave.Me switch doesn't respond to association calls. After a while (poweroff/on/etc) it works fine again.
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

Yes I can poll them and i can control them from another device. Only they dont give a status update and the group assosiations control fail.
Ralph
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

Hmmm ... the group association is required for the status update, because if the group isn't working - the zwave.me will not sending anything out (and then only polling will work). Did you also try with something else then HomeSeer?
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

Today i got an email that they flash updated my switches and they send them back today
Ralph

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”