Qees Reto Shell Dimmer Inclusion

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
rovinge

Qees Reto Shell Dimmer Inclusion

Post by rovinge »

Need some help on the following.

Two new Qees Reto Shell Dimmers appear not be working anymore.

I bought two Qees Reto Shell Dimmers a while ago, and now I finally found some time to the configure them and put them in use. However....

After connecting and attaching power (IN) & light (OUT), I plugged it into the wall-socket. Result is Dimmer #1 is not doing anything from the beginning, the other #2 occassionally its LED light turns on blue, then amber and then off (as expected). Click on the shell and the attached light turns on/off... Then I move upstairs so I could include dimmer #2 to my Z-Wave controller, but unfortunately dimmer #2 is not doing anything either anymore.

At this point, I am at a loss. I suspect two faulty dimmers now, but I want to make sure I have this correct (I cannot believe it I have got two DOAs). I tried to activate the menu, but the LED lights do not show any response.
Please notice that I have not even got to the stage to include the dimmer to my Z-Wave controller.

Anyone with a similar experience? Any ideas, tips, tricks on this one? Way to reset these dimmers?

Dimmers are the 311-BQW-A1-001. Just the normal Dutch Neutral and Load wires are being used, in this case no ground wire; The light attached used is normal a normal bulb (gloeilamp).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Roel
CaptNemo

Re: Qees Reto Shell Dimmer Inclusion

Post by CaptNemo »

Just got 2 Qees Reto Dimmers. Connected the first one, did local dimmer however switched off after ±10 minutes. After this started it again and tried to include it in HomeSeer (3 presses) after which it stopped responding. No LED, no action.

The second one connected. Working fine locally, however no way to include it in HomeSeer?
I have an Aeon-Labs z-stick S2 with latest firmware (8/12), they just don't seem to notice each other. Tried all options on the Qees, and the z-stick local (removed from USB) and from HomeSeer (Add Node), nothing...

Anyone else has experience with Qees Reto Dimmer and possibly Aeon-Labs z-stick S2? (or HomeSeer?)

Frans
dlindenb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dlindenb »

Hi,

It turns out the same for me.
I bought one Qees Reto Shell Dimmer Plus which isn't recognized by my Aeon Labs z-stick S2.
It doesn't matter which method I try to get the two connected, none works.

I tried contacting Qees support by their website & e-mail last week. Until today I still haven't got a reply of them.

Anyway, did anyone succeed in connecting a Qees Reto Shell switch/dimmer into their z-wave network?
How about controlling it with a razberry controller? Does that work?

Cheers,

Dennis
mhn

Post by mhn »

If you can translate the Danish, here is how I got it to work with Vera and HS2. My homeseer use Aeon stick 2. http://www.zwaves.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1512

Regards
Morten
dlindenb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dlindenb »

Hi Morton,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my very, very, very late response.
I have translated your procedure to the following:

Code: Select all

Add a node via HomeSeer :

Within Homeseer:
Select Tools - Manage Z -Wave controller - Add Node .

Once that's done, go to the node to include:

Set the Qees dimmer in inclusion mode:
- Press 4 times on the node till the LED-light turns white.
- Press 3 times, with some pause between the presses, on the node, till the LED-light turns blauw.
- Hold the node pressed till the LED-light turns cyan
- Press 1 time on the node, the LED-light turns yellow .
- Hold the node pressed till the LED-light blinks blue. (now it's in learning mode)

When the inclusion is succesfull, the LED-light turns green, else amber/orange.

Within Homeseer the log should report:

90 SPECIFIEKE TYPE NIET GEBRUIKT NIET GEBRUIKT 0 False Onbekend
91 SPECIFIEKE TYPE NIET GEBRUIKT NIET GEBRUIKT 0 False Onbekend

Now import the devices via Homeseer:
Select Tools - Manage Z -Wave controller - Import devices.

I've tried your procedure a few times now. HS2 and HS3 or via the standard Z-Stick inclusion method, but none worked.
Your procedure used schuko switches instead, if i'm not mistaken, of a dimmer. Perhaps there's a difference.

Has anyone else been able to add a Qees dimmer to there z-wave network with the use of a Aeon Labs Z-Stick II?
It would be nice if some one from Qees could reply ;-). Sofar I was unable to get in touch with there support via there website.
mhn

Post by mhn »

I am afraid there isn't much QEES left. :-(

Last I looked there address was in a house that was for sale.

I haven't heard anything official but I think it's a 0-1 man business now.

My translation:

Homeseer:

Tools - Manage Z-Wave Controller - Add Node.

push 4 times on button

push slow until LED is blue

Hold button

LED blinks blue

push slow until LED is changing between blue and yellow

Hold button

LED blinks blue

by success LED is green

The log showed

90 SPECIFIC TYPE NOT USED 0 NOT USED False Unknown
91 SPECIFIC TYPE NOT USED 0 NOT USED False Unknown

Now import the devices via Homeseer:
Select Tools - Manage Z -Wave controller - Import devices.

My test used both a switch and a dimmer.

Regards
Morten

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”