Fibaro FGR-221

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
labtec

Fibaro FGR-221

Post by labtec »

Is it possible to use the Fibaro FGR-221 shutter/roller module to automate my mechanical ventilation? I want to use the
up/down switches to select the medium/high postion of the mechanical ventilation unit. The specs of the FGR-221 says that
it is possible to turn off the time limit with parameter 10 (positioning function).

So this is what I want to do, I connect the wires of the mechanical ventilation switch (medium to S1), (High to S2) and the
output O1 en O2 tot the wires of the mechanical ventilation motor.

Thanks.
chusrvlim
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Fibaro FGR-221

Post by chusrvlim »

In theory it all should work except that even with parameter 10 set to 1 (Turning off the shutter positioning function) it will automatically switch off after 7.5 minutes.
labtec

Post by labtec »

Thanks for your reply, in that case it is no option for using it with a mechanical ventilation unit.
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

For my ventilation system I use a normal switch (in my case KAKU but zwave will work to). I'm only interested in two settings. Low ventilation and high ventilation. The ventilation system is always on (low). But when humidity in bathroom gets above 70% the high ventilation wire gets also power (from the switch) and ventilation is on high. Be carefull the brown (high ventilation) wire to the ventilation system is connected to the + (phase) output of the switch.

So in low vent setting the ventilaton only gets power on the low vent wire. In high the low and high vent wire get power.
I hope this is clear.
Jeroen
**Jeroen**
labtec

Post by labtec »

Clear.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”