Which Z-wave remote?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
jrkalf

Which Z-wave remote?

Post by jrkalf »

I know there's been a topic about this about 2 years ago: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?t=5218

What's the current state of z-wave remote controllers? I'm currently using my iphone for a bit of control, but the wife wants a remote in the living room. preferably a remote usable for all devices ofcourse.

Does Logitech Harmony with the RF extender still support z-wave (Can't find any specifics on their website). And does it work as a secondary controller?
Reason for mentioning the Harmony ofcourse is the ability to also control TV and audio equipment. Are there any other remotes that could fit this spec?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Which Z-wave remote?

Post by Wim2008 »

There will be a new remote from Merten by Schneider-Electric in a few weeks.

B.R. Wim :)
mhn

Post by mhn »

Maybe Remotec?

Logitech never worked as secondary, as far as I know. Mine is in the drawer. :-|

Regards
Morten
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

mhn wrote:Maybe Remotec?

Logitech never worked as secondary, as far as I know. Mine is in the drawer. :-|

Regards
Morten
Thanks, I'll look into the remotec.
About the logitech, I've seen some documentation on the vera wiki about configuring it as a secondary controller. This is however a logitec with RF extender. But it's a rather old article, so I don't know if this is still valid.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m pending on using an cheap android tablet (99euro) with HStouch for this. I`m currently using an KAKU remote (rfxcom) for some functions in off the house (ventilation, livingroom lights)

The tablet is waiting for its new casing made of an picture frame but haven`t spent much time on it lately
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
JohnRobie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JohnRobie »

Had a Remotec myself - replaced it with an iPad mini for the home theatre room personally. Now the Remotec languishes in a draw.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”