wireless heater/radiators control via c#

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
puesb
Starting Member
Starting Member

wireless heater/radiators control via c#

Post by puesb »

Hello Experts,

I have build my own domotica solution based on C# WCF services (very flexible that way). Now that I'm going to move houses, I'm struggling a bit with the wiring I would need to install to control my heater/radiators:

I was thinking to buy a RFXtrx433 and some wireless temperature sensors, to measure the temperature in every room. For this solution an .net SDK is available from the manufacture (RFXCom).

To control the Viessmann heater there is a add-on module available from the manufacture I was told by themselves (still need to do some investigation myself on this)

The biggest problem is related with the valves to control the radiators. I was thinking of buying some Danfoss Living Connect Thermostats, the question is how to control them via c# code. I was think to use the Open-ZWave framework in combination with a simple Z-Wave controller USB Stick, but I’m not sure this will work. Another possibility is to use to more advanced and expensive Fibaro Home Center 2 in combination with a beta SDK (http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?p=8173). And even if I succeed in this will distance between the Z-wave controller and the most far away valve not run into problems knowing it we be location around 15m from the controller. Does anyone has experience with this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Bart

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”