ZWave sensor zero output

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Delphy
Starting Member
Starting Member

ZWave sensor zero output

Post by Delphy »

Hi All,

I have a Greenwave Powernode 6 which has been working perfectly with my Raspberry Pi and Aeon Labs Z-Wave S2 for a week now - except until Saturday evening. At some point *all* of the sensor values reset to 0 and will not change. I can query the node using the Open Z-Wave control, get all sorts of node information through the python API, but all sensor values return 0.

Does anybody else have this problem with their Z-Wave devices? I can't find any other information about this online, which is unfortunate. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
D.

PS I'm not using DomotiGa or Homeseer since both require an actual desktop and I run a headless raspberry pi, so everything is browser based or command line
uAlex73

Re: ZWave sensor zero output

Post by uAlex73 »

I think you use the open-zwave library? Ifso, check the OZW_Log.txt and checkout what is coming from the network.

ps. DomotiGa(Server) can also run headless ... only no "nice" WebGUI exist (yet).
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
Delphy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Delphy »

Okay well, I have no idea what I did but I unplugged the switch completely, put it back in, reset my raspberry pi and now everything works. I have no idea why this worked. :) I'm still curious if anybody else has had this issue with their Powernode 6.

uAlex73: Yeah I checked what was coming from the network - I couldn't see any obvious errors, just zero values coming from the sensors like:

i=3 listening=1 flirs=0
node = 3 id = 1 value = 0 precision = 4
node = 3 id = 13 value = 0 precision = 4
node = 3 id = 17 value = 0 precision = 4
node = 3 id = 21 value = 0 precision = 4
node = 3 id = 25 value = 0 precision = 4
node = 3 id = 29 value = 0 precision = 4

etc.

I did actually check out the headless mode of DomotiGa(Server) but the lack of a "nice" WebGUI and the ability to control and configure it through the web kind of killed it for me. I have to admit I didn't spend much time on figuring out if it had a command line interface yet or API that I could hook into.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think the problem is with the powerbar.

I have one powerbar en 3 single port units from Nuon and once in a while the single port units stop reporting data. I think they hang up on bad z-wave network respone (they seem to have poor z-wave reception)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”