wireless camera in Vera?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
walberg

wireless camera in Vera?

Post by walberg »

I have a camera what looks like the ebode its from a "dailydeal"

Vera calls it wintop zcam i could let it work on ip adres 192.168.0.16 but the camera must be set outsite and the connector for the cable is ca 3 cm. And i am already with ca 120 m utp so i want to use it wireless.
Unfortunately Vera doesnt give me the ip adres on the wireless network Vera do have a wireless network but there is no list of devices? like normal routers do.
How do i find the adres on the wireless network?
j.hoekstra

Re: wireless camera in Vera?

Post by j.hoekstra »

Unfortunately there's little information to go on, but in general it's relatively easy to add.
Add device >> IP camera, if it's connected directly to the vera it should show up.
I hope however you're not planning to bridge 120 meters wirelessly, that's not going to be reliable if it works at all.
I also can not really place your remarks about your connector being 3 cm and utp being 120m?
walberg

Post by walberg »

I have about 110 meter UTP total there is no longer cable than 30 meter but the total length of all the cables should be ca 90 meters now, and if i should cable the camera there should be total about 110 meters. Some devices are gbit (i also have a rack switch 48 Ghz bandwith) of coarse the most inportant devices my mac and the nas are Gbit and should be as fast as possible to make maximum speed at backup. Im not shure but i thought 100 meter of all cables should be the maximum for gbit network. Thats the reason i like to use the camera wireless and on the box is standing mjpg WIreless ip camera! i don't get it to work wireless. As soon i disconnect the rj 45 there is no connect with the camera. An other problem is if it is realy possible to use it wireless as the camera should be hanged up outsite the window and our house is Concrete with al lot of steel and i am in doubt if there is signal through the outsite walls. But first i should have it worked. On my cable modem i can see all devices hanging on, but unfortunately on Vera you cannot see all devices on its insite router. The cable router is carrying only a few meters on the below floor and isn't showing up on the 2nt floor. Thats were the Vera is working.
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

Still don't understand your cabling completely :(
Cable router >> switch >> vera? Officially fast ethernet and gigabit are 100m point to point, I know people can go further but it's outside of spec.

Back to question about assigned IP's via Vera, try this link:
http://<VERA_IP>/cgi-bin/webif/info.sh login with root and password on bottom of Vera.
Then you get the openwrt interface, don't change anything!

You shouldn't need this info, as you can just follow:
Devices >> Add Devices >> I want to add an IP Camera >> Add:
then it already might show up(my Axis' did), if it doesn't: Manually add >> select the correct device or choose to put the URL which shows an image from camera in jpeg-format.

This should help if camera is connected, if not connect it.
How to connect should be stated in the manual.
walberg

Post by walberg »

I think the camera's wireless functions are broken or not good. I have bought this camera a half year ago on 1dayfly, tested it with utp but never tested it wireless as wireless at that time was very worse in my house, the cablerouter is standing in a cupboard where the electricity equipment is standing, about 2 meters from the cupboarddoor there is any signal. Now i have a Vera3 and it have also a wireless access point but too bad as compared too the cable modem Thomson, on Vera you cannot see the devices and the ip.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”