Dimmer that give 0 to 10 volts output

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
vince
Starting Member
Starting Member

Dimmer that give 0 to 10 volts output

Post by vince »

Hello,

I have some PV pannels and I would like to use the electricity produced for selfconsumption. I aim to stock the solar energy in my electric water heater to avoid losses.
I'm currently looking for a solution to control the power with a command from 0 to 10 volts in Zwave and I would like that my circuit consume less than 2 Watts.

I was thinking of using the FGB-001 Bypass from Fibaro to avoid the problem that most Zwave dimmer have, a Min limit of power (25 Watt). I have some question regarding Zwave Dimmer :

Do Zwave Dimmer can control Transformers ?

Will this FGB-001 work with all the Zwave Dimmer of the market ?

do you have some ideas that could help me ?

Best regards,
Vince
AshaiRey

Re: Dimmer that give 0 to 10 volts output

Post by AshaiRey »

vince wrote:Hello,

I have some PV pannels and I would like to use the electricity produced for selfconsumption. I aim to stock the solar energy in my electric water heater to avoid losses.
Couldn't you better use a solar boiler for this because it's far more efficient.
And how would you regain your stocked energy other then heating?
Bram
vince
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vince »

Couldn't you better use a solar boiler for this because it's far more efficient.
It was to avoid Extra cost from Thermal Solar panel and Solar boiler. Since I have extra energy from my solar panel I think it is better to find a solution to use it.
And how would you regain your stocked energy other then heating?
For now I just want to stock the energy for Heating but I have read some interesting stuff about Absorptions Machines that can produce cold from heat.

I'm still looking for some ideas to reuse the energy stocked and the solution to produce a voltage from 0 to 10 volts.

Thank you for your answer,
best regards
Vince
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just found this and i think it is your solution

http://www.fibaro.com/en/the-fibaro-sys ... controller
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vince
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vince »

Hi,

Yes it looks like it is what I'm looking for will keep an eyes when it goes on sales.
Thanks for your answer.

Best regards
Vince

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”