Zwave.me switch goes off automatically

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
christiand

Zwave.me switch goes off automatically

Post by christiand »

Since a couple of weeks I have a problem with 2 zwave.me (ZME_06431) switches. When I turn them on manually i hear the click and the light goes on. But strange enough the light goes automatically off within a few seconds. When that happens I don't hear the click in the switch. If I want to turn the light on I have to press the off button first before I can try again.

At first this was only with one switch but after a while a second switch got the same problem. Both switches are on the same power line. But on the same powerline I have 2 duwi switches which have no problem.

I already tried:
  • Removed them from the controller
  • Checked and enforced parameter 2 to 0. This parameter is the automatic off in seconds.0 disabled this
  • Switched the power off
Has anybody had the same problem and hopefully can provide help?
Akatar

Re: Zwave.me switch goes off automatically

Post by Akatar »

i have the same with one me switch
i guess you can sent them back to the shop where you bought them
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have had this issue with a none Zwave.me version and it was broken. (Relay power dropped due to faulty hardware)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
christiand

Post by christiand »

Not the answer i was hoping for :-( Think i will go with fibaro modules as a replacement. Thank you for the replies
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Are you claiming warranty or just throw them away ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
christiand

Post by christiand »

I have contacted the shop and explained the problem. But i am going to switch to fibaro modules because of the better compatibility with homeseer.
christiand

Post by christiand »

I forgot to post an update, so here it is. The shop explained that a batch of zwave.me was not very stable. Since I now use primarily fibaro modules cause I can want to use my own switching materials which is based on jung.

The shop was kind enough to take back the zwave.me modules and gave me a discount on the fibaro modules

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”