Relay board for Z-wave ?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Menno

Relay board for Z-wave ?

Post by Menno »

Are there Relay-board with 8 outputs, or even better, I/O boards with 8 in- and 8 outputs for Z-Wave?
Henk

Re: Relay board for Z-wave ?

Post by Henk »

I was searching for a similar piece of hardware but it is not yet on the market .

Current offers of Zwave I/O are expensive like the binary sensor of Fibaro for input or the double relay output module for output ...

I'm considering using an Arduino as an I/O frontend plenty of I/O including analog and even some preprocessing is possible . The Arduino will communicate by an Ethernet module and using the Virtual Device option in the HC2 to poll and push I/O .
The cost will be less than a binary sensor module ..... but right now lack of knowhow how to write the LUA code . It would be nice if there is a Zwave shield available for the Arduino .... ...

As an example I develop based on an Arduino a sophisticated sunscreen controller including wind/sun/rain sensor it would be nice if this can communicate with the Zwave world ...

Any volunteers ?

Henk
nullx8
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Relay board for Z-wave ?

Post by nullx8 »

i faced the same problem.

solved it with a raspberry and pi-face module.

8 in 8 outs (2 relays already on board) added 2 temperature sensors ... everything working like a charm with micasaverde controller and a tiny pyton app on the PI ..

on top of that it does also datalogging onto a mysql database

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”