Z-Wave watermeter SWM301

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
raymonvdm

Z-Wave watermeter SWM301

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i got a tip from a colleague of mine who found the following Z-Wave watermeter

SWM301

Did anyone tried it out yet ? It seems to fit on my Sensus 620 Vitens water meter
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Z-Wave watermeter SWM301

Post by bartbakels »

Hmm soundbinteresting but not sure it fits on my watermeter
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
jamesleesaunders
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jamesleesaunders »

Hi raymonvdm,

I have recently tested and written a short review article about the SWM391 z-wave water meter module:

http://www.smartofthehome.com/2014/02/secure-swm301/

As you will read it was not a complete success, but if you have Sensus Redudia Jet waster meters this may be for you.
I would be interested to hear your experience if you got one.
Jim
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

In my case the water meter is mounted in the house a meter from my power meter which holds a Aeon Labs HEM so recepton would not be the issue

Did you find a device that did the job for you ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
jamesleesaunders
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jamesleesaunders »

Hi,
I am afraid in my situation it did not work. A combination of accessibility, distance and the wrong water meter type means it was not going to work for me, see the blog link above for my experience.
But if yours is close (and you have a Sensus Residia Jet water meter it may work for you.
All the best,
Jim

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”