ihome molite experience

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
FireSon
Starting Member
Starting Member

ihome molite experience

Post by FireSon »

The Molite is a 3 in 1 sensor by iHome, a dutch company which is active since 2007.
Surfing on the internet I did not find much information especially from people using this device.
According to the manual http://www.ihome.eu/static/manual/molitesensor.pdf the sensor has a battery lifetime of 3 to 5 years which is very good, especially since the 'general' feedback on the Aeon Labs multisensor gives me the impression that it only works satisfactory when powered by usb.
So I would be very interested some user feedback, if they would recommend this product or not...

Regards,

Jan
airox

Re: ihome molite experience

Post by airox »

Hi Jan,

I've got this sensor in my sleepingroom closet to enable the lighting. The motion sensor part is OK and reacts better than the aeon labs (got 7 of them also) in my experience.
The temperature needs to be adjusted using it's offset (downside). I really dislike the thing they did with the light sensor. It has only 10 levels and not the lux measurements as the aeon labs has.
This enables to log the lux values for a while and see influence of solar / artificial light on the sensor. And you will definitely need to adjust the reporting frequency. It's far to low by default (2 hours?).

Btw, my aeon labs sensors are all connected to USB. Making frequent measurements (every 20 seconds) possible.

Greetings,

Gijs
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

I looked at iHome stuff to, but when i wanted to order some things, they raised some prices 100% ... :x :x :x So i removed iHome from "to-buy-list".

If you want a similar movement sensor, look at Vision:
http://www.domotica-shop.nl/beweging-te ... 16529.html

They are wayyyy cheaper: +/- 35 euro (only no lux)
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
FireSon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by FireSon »

Thanks for the Info!!

@Alex73 that one realy looks nice too!
I'm specialy concermed about the battery life, who do they perform in that area.

Regards,
Jan

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”