Piper - home automation and security

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Ezra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Piper - home automation and security

Post by Ezra »

Hi all,

This is my first post and it's going to be about the piper. I ordered it from the indiegogo crowd funding site and am awaiting delivery (which should be in May!).

I was wondering if there are others that also ordered it or are planning to. (get piper.com for more info)

My plans for it is to use it as a home automation hub and have the z-wave devices also act as a security system. I already ordered several door and window switches as well as dimmer and micro switches.
I would like to have it turn on the light when I open the front door in the evening (piper has a light sensor, so accordingly to that it will light up or not). And when there is an unwanted intrusion I want the alarm in the piper to go off along with the lights switching on and off.

In combination with the temperature sensor of the piper I would like to control my pellet stove (which has a rs232 port) to turn on and off at certain temperatures.

And like that I have more ideas but first I will wait for delivery of my piper. If there's anybody who is also waiting for it then I'd like to hear what your plans are!

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Piper - home automation and security

Post by Bwired »

nice device
one big dislike is that only storage in the cloud is possible!
Ezra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Piper - home automation and security

Post by Ezra »

Yes, for now. But they are working on NAS support to record the video locally. This has been promised together with geofencing and some other features.

They're still in the beginning stages of their development but there already have been a few software updates to bring new features. So I think it will only get better with time!

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”