Micro modules in the garage

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
merijnen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Micro modules in the garage

Post by merijnen »

I would like to use some Fibaro modules in the garage to switch/dim my lights in the garden. The garage is not isolated, but doesn't get humid... I will put them in a box like this: http://www.attema.com/nl_NL/products/in ... artel-m25/

Anyone doing the same? And do you have any problems with it?
mrqnapper

Re: Micro modules in the garage

Post by mrqnapper »

merijnen wrote:I would like to use some Fibaro modules in the garage to switch/dim my lights in the garden. The garage is not isolated, but doesn't get humid... I will put them in a box like this: http://www.attema.com/nl_NL/products/in ... artel-m25/

Anyone doing the same? And do you have any problems with it?

I have some Fibaro switches outside in a box. The box is placed under an shed which has one side open and is a bit humid. I use the p1 and p2 on the switch to swich two pairs of lights in the garden. It's working very-well. No problems with humidity or so.

Only thing is that sometimes the Aeon Stick can not get to reach the zwave devices (might have to do with the reach of the antenna, or the place where the stick is residing (or even Homeseer messing things up). Than I can't switch the lights on, which is very annoying. Although I have many z-wave devices also nearby the stick, from time to time it's just not reaching the devices. Would be nice if there is an more powerful device or some kind of extender for the signal (like an Wifi extender).

W
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Micro modules in the garage

Post by bartbakels »

same here, about 5 modules placed in outside junction boxes, no issues at all, however one of the nodes also not reachable everytime in HS3 in HS2 no problems however, with my secondary stick

regards

bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”