Which switches to use with Fibaro

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
martinisoft

Which switches to use with Fibaro

Post by martinisoft »

Dear fellow forum members,

An Onkel of mine is going to implement Z-Wave in his house.
This is a greenfield environment, no home automation what so ever is in place right now.
He wants to be able to do some management of the system by him self I recommend him to go as much with Fibaro products as possible.
The standard switch material he has in his house is Busch Jeager Duro.
This would mean that he can use the Duro Zwave.me wall senders to control lights from places where no wires are avialable.
The thing is that I cannot seem to find busch Jeager impuls switches that have "Impuls Up, Impuls Down, Neuteral middle" like the Duro Zwave.me wall sender.
This would mean that the user experience would differ when a light is controlled trough a wall sender or directly on the fibaro dimmer using a Busch Jeager switch (single puls for instance).

Am I missing something here or how are others resolving this probem?
Or is my only option to not use fibaro but only zwave.me when I want a consistent user experience?

thanks for thinking with me on this one..

Martijn.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Which switches to use with Fibaro

Post by Phaeton »

Hi Martijn,

for a simple switch module you can use normal switches. There's no need for busch Jeager impuls switches that have "Impuls Up, Impuls Down, Neuteral middle".
For dimmers I do recommend a puls 'maak contact' switch. Normal switch is possible, but unworkable ;-). Then you still can use an ordinary impuls switch. up/down is not neccesairy.

regards,
Harry
groeten,
Harry
martinisoft

Post by martinisoft »

Hello Harry,

Thanks for the quick response.
That is what I thought, but when you mix and match this with wall senders how do you tell the wife and kids that they need to control the same light on two different ways?
Or am I seeing a non existing issue?

Martijn.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

When using a switch the difference is minimal. The only difference is that the 'normal' wallswitch keeps position when pressed. The wall sender will not keep the position. But there is another way: In my setup I could loose a lot of wall senders (which you bought ;-)) because I connected the fibaro modules with a 'hotelschakeling'. This way all the switches work the same and no need to change batteries.

only the dimmer works different. But maybe there also is 'hotelschakeling' possible. I control my dimmers from one place only.
groeten,
Harry
martinisoft

Post by martinisoft »

Oke again thanks for thinking with me.
Based on this info, and Since there will be several wall senders and a lot of dimmers in this setup I am considering to advice my Onkel to go for Zwave.me products to get a consistent user experience.
For simplicity sake I whas thinking to advice him a Fibaro HS Lite.
But is this still the best choice when the majority of modules would be Zwave.me and therefore non-fibaro?
Or would it be better to go for a Vera in that case?
I am a Homeseer user myself but I will not go that route for him since this would make things way to complex.
Simplicity is Key, and I think a fibaro HS lite can bring just that, but I am not sure about the device compatibility and seamless experience with non-fibaro devices.
Maybe a question for a seperate forum topic...

thanks again..

Martijn.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”