Z Wave Hardware

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
maurotafuro
Starting Member
Starting Member

Z Wave Hardware

Post by maurotafuro »

I am realizing an electronic automation and would like to use Z wave network to interface various sensors already on the market. For this protocol is unclear to me whether it is possible to obtain the Software Development Kit (SDK) protocol to use it as a library in the micro choosen (868 MHz Transceiver generic manufacturer) or should required to buy the Sigma Transceiver Designer.

If the second hypothesis is true I use the Sigma Designer transceivers to exchange information / proprietary data between my devices?
AshaiRey

Re: Z Wave Hardware

Post by AshaiRey »

As far as i know there isn't a SDK for Z-wave beside one you buy from a Z-wave licence holder, which will cost you much
Bram
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

I am very interested in z-wave and the new possibilities. Can you short explane where you talk about.

B.R. Wim
maurotafuro
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by maurotafuro »

I am realizing an electronic automation and would like to use Z wave network to interface various sensors already on the market.
Can I use the Sigma Designer transceivers to exchange information data between my devices too?
To explain better the concept I illustrate quickly my project: I want realize a electronic device with WiFi communication with a external server.
Each device will be addressable with IP address and from remote server I can access to device to control the actuators or monitoring the physical parameters . Now, if for some reason one device is not linked at WiFi Access Point, I ‘d like to use the SUB-1GHz transceiver to communicate with this device from one device linked at AP (like an repeater), then my question is can I use the commands of z-wave protocol to interchange several information (from server to device) like : Generic informations : IP address,state of device and so on; or physical informations: temperature, humidity, battery status, switch on/off a relay and so on?

What Do we need to buy to start to develop in Z-Wave (Z-WAVE 500 SERIES BASE KIT and Z-WAVE 500 SERIES 868MHZ REGIONAL)?
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Thanks for the extra info.

BR Wim

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”