Communication Homeseer Arduino

All about Arduino, Jeenode and other Clones (hardware & Software)

Moderator: Mdamen

Communication Homeseer Arduino

Postby psmaaswinkel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 pm

As some of you already know, I have made an arduino script to sent RF433 signals to KAKU, and ELRO devices.
At this moment I am using a webserver in my sketch to be able te receive the commands by ethernet. Because
this way of transmission is far from perfect I am wondering if there would be a better way.

As far as I know the RFXcom uses TCP/IP or XAP to communicate with homeseer.

Is there anyone (maybe digit?) who is able to create some form of reliable communication between Homeseer and an arduino over ethernet?
I don't think I will be able to write this on my own because I have litte experience with VB.

At this moment almost 90% of the RF433 commands works, but the last 10% will fail by unknown reasons. I don't believe it has anything to do with the arduio
as I can sent commands from IE and FF as fast as I can use my keyboard :-)

Regards,

Peter
___________________________________________________________________
iEase Home Control
psmaaswinkel
Member
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: October 2010

Re: Communication Homeseer Arduino

Postby Digit » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 pm

There are 2 ways I know of to accomplish what you want; scripting or a Plugin, of which the first one seems the easiest option in my opinion.
(of course, not knowing anything about your skills/experience)

I guess (haven't tried, nor am I going to) you could use a script to do HTTP requests to your Arduino webserver.
Something like HS.GetUrl("http://arduinoip/page?address=ON") which would turn on the device with the specified address.
I don't think that's too hard to do.

Try to make something to test this "concept" and when you get stuck with a problem you can't solve on your own, I'm confident that some members will be able to help you.
A complete solution is a bit too much to ask for, I'm sure you'll understand that :wink:
User avatar
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3388
Joined: March 2006
Location: Netherlands

Re: Communication Homeseer Arduino

Postby psmaaswinkel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks for the reply Robert,

I already made a script which uses HTTP request to sent commands to the arduino. The current control of the transmitter from homeseer it to request the url's below:

http://arduinourl/ELRO/30/C/1/ (Switch on Elro switch HouseCode 30, Device C)
http://arduinourl/ELRO/30/C/0/ (Switch off Elro switch HouseCode 30, Device C)
http://arduinourl/KAKU/15/B/1 (Switch on KAKU switch HouseCode 15, Device B)
etc...

In 90% of the cases this works, but in the other 10% of the cases the communication gets lost... The thing I am looking for is some form of CRC to be sure that the http request has been received.. This could be done with a http reponse from the arduino, but I would like to know if there is a better way.

Regards
___________________________________________________________________
iEase Home Control
psmaaswinkel
Member
Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: October 2010


Return to Raspberry, Arduino, Cubietruck and other clones Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest