RGD LED Strip controller

All about Arduino, Jeenode and other Clones (hardware & Software)

Moderator: Mdamen

dennusb
Starting Member
Starting Member

RGD LED Strip controller

Post by dennusb »

Hi All,

I'm very new to the Arduino. I like to control my existing RGB LED strip with it.
I like to order this (complete) package : https://iprototype.nl/products/kits/starterkit

Is that enough to control the RGB led strip or do i need something else?

I hope someone can help!

Regards,
Dennis
Henk

Re: RGD LED Strip controller

Post by Henk »

Yes it will be enough if you limit your RGB led strip to a 10cm segment with 3 leds this segment can be connected directly to the output pins and you are able to experiment with PWM techniques.

The output of Arduino pins is limited in power you need to add transistors to boost the output power.

Check google .... RGB led arduino and you will find ready to go solution. If still questions check circuitsonline.nl

The starter kit is usefull if you want to jump into the Arduino world and get know how to do arduino programming and making sensor projects. Great experience.

If you are only interested in the RGB strip project may be buy a cheap Arduino here: (including a breadboard and jumpers) test it with a small segment and continue in buying the power driver/ transistors at Conrad.

http://www.vanallesenmeer.nl/Arduino-uno-r3 you will have a chance to blow up an Arduino see it as part of the learning proces

Another project is to build your own king size segment clock ... get a mono color light strip cut 42 pieces of 10cm (6 digits each 7 segments) do a lot of soldering and get the mega Arduino including the real time clock module. Likely some examples on Internet.

Henk
Dylantje

Re: RGD LED Strip controller

Post by Dylantje »

@ Dennusb, take a look in China

I have a great working simple sketch.
Works with 1 or 2 pir, mosfet, and a arduino.[ uno or mega ]
On a KaKu for daylight/night switching, with Domotica.

Dark:
Pir active:
led on for x minutes...

Works great...

Return to “Raspberry, Arduino, Cubietruck and other clones Forum”