plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 close to be ?

Forum over Homeseer Plugin ontwikkelingen, hierin staan aparte forums voor bijvoorbeeld Plugwise, RFXcom, Fritzbox, Alphatronics etc.

Moderator: Digit

labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 close to be ?

Post by labium »

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6252

i bought a european somfy rts rs485 device , see above topic

anyone suggestions ?

wetlip
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: plugin somfy rts 485 transmitter art 1810803 close to be ?

Post by labium »

now we are a month later.
with the homeseer script provided by elio in the homeseer forum on the homeseer website http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... ight=somfy
i have now 7 somfy altus rts 230 volt motors with rolling shutters integrated and controlled by homeseer.
the method of communication with the somfy transmitter is with scripts, ajusted from the scripts which are already known for some years to control the rs232,rs485,infrared transmitter on the us marked. the script sends hex characters to the com port, which are computed with the formulas found in the excel worksheet to be downloaded from the thread on this forum mentioned in the first message of this thread.

the commands to set the channel to the transmitter are more easy send by a com port terminal program capable of sending hex code because these have only to be send once per rolling shutter motor.

i use a not by me used x10 device code to create a device, a lamp module because homeseer has no build in rollling shutter device.
in the event screen i make an event x10 triggered with action run script, which is made nice and easy by homeseer.
two scripts per rolling shutter open and close. you can ad if you like fvorite position and little steps if you like just like dimming.
in my device screen i can control the rolling shutter by a "virtual" x10 device.

a plugin is is something else. First i think you have to make a proposal to homeseer because they have to reserve device code characters for the plugin. like A7 for x10 , [10 for rfxcom, \10 for plugwise, ^10 for oregon or other devices received by rfxcom , or _10 for visonic or other alarm devices. second costs a lot more time.

labium
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

the plugin is reaching maturity , when i thought i had al problems solved, i ran against the installer example of homeseer. i dont understand a word of it. i cant get to the version and upgrade properties .

does someone know a good book about how te make a good installer.

furthermore i know the commands for rollershutters, but the commands of a gragedooropener is open and close i presume ?
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

Return to “Homeseer Plugins Forum”