HS3 Logitech Harmony Hub plug-in

Forum over Homeseer Plugin ontwikkelingen, hierin staan aparte forums voor bijvoorbeeld Plugwise, RFXcom, Fritzbox, Alphatronics etc.

Moderator: Digit

RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

HS3 Logitech Harmony Hub plug-in

Post by RdP »

Hi,

Ik heb zojuist een HS3 plug-in die de Logitech Harmony Hub (ultimate) kan aansturen en uitlezen, ge-upload naar HomeSeer zodat ie in de HS3 updater gezet kan worden. Meestal duurt dat een paar dagen en ik zal melden als ie 'installable' is.
Zie onder wat screenshots van de plug-in.
2014-05-28_2031.png
2014-05-28_2031.png (97.9 KiB) Viewed 22894 times
2014-05-28_2032.png
2014-05-28_2032.png (166.25 KiB) Viewed 22894 times
Gr,
Rien
Rien
Peterpc

Re: HS3 Logitech Harmony Hub plug-in

Post by Peterpc »

Hoi Rien,
Ik had al iets gehoord van deze hub. Kun je met je plugin niet alleen in commando's versturen, maar ook de verstuurde commando's van je remote ontvangen? Dus zo bijvoorbeeld een Event in het aansturen met je remote?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Hi,

Ik kan (maar) een paar dingen doen met de hub, misschien dat Logitech ooit een publieke API uitbrengt, dan wordt het misschien nog beter. Op dit moment kan ik de hub "pollen" via een interval of via een HS event action. Dan wordt de actieve activiteit opgehaald en zie he dat terug in je HS devices. Tevens kan ik alle gedefineerde apparaten en activiteiten ophalen van de hub. En wat ik zelf het meest gebruik is een hub activiteit starten van uit een HS event of HSTouch.

Gr,
Rien
Rien
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Hi,

Plug-in is nu beschikbaar in de HS3 updater
2014-06-04_2015.png
2014-06-04_2015.png (17.11 KiB) Viewed 22670 times
Gr,
Rien
Rien
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Rien,

Thanks en hij is al aangeschaft. Hoop dat we er in de toekomst nog meer kunnen uithalen, als Logitech een beetje meewerkt.

MVG

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Hi,

Version 3.1 is now available for download in the HS3 updater.

New/changed in this version
• Support for 3 hub’s
• Support for IR command action in events
• Much faster response (10x faster)
• Custom activity images now supported
• Password masking enabled
• Password is now encrypted
• Cosmetic changes
• Better Error logging
• Bug fixes

Have fun...
Rien
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Just a quick question, i have a hub from a friend that i can try.
So i installed demo of your plugin, and it seems to work good with a small delay.

What i am trying to achieve is that i can select a channel in HStouch as i had before with the IRtrans.
Is this possible to do so that i can put TV channel icons in my HS touch screen and light buttons to view or turn on a light/channel ?
For now i can only see that you can run a activity made in the Harmony smart control screen and not separate buttons.

For example when i choose the TV it always for activity wants to turn the TV on , then switch to TV or what EXT channel, and then it changes the number of the channel.
The first steps will give it a bigger delay, is there a workaround ?
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Yes you can.....

Use an event to achieve this, see the documentation for an example....

Please let me know if you succeed ?
Rien
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

How stupid, i haven't looked in the plugin folder for the help pdf file.
And did not checked the Events page, but now i have found it.
Made some events for the TV and those work.
But in the log i see an error popping up with the light remote control and thats one of the more important controls id like to have , one of the last missing controllable things in my system, at least at my parents house.

Code: Select all

dec-17 22:47:32 	  	Event 	Event New Group licht, Action of Harmony Hub: : Device Command could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete. 
The remote was recognized just like the remote of the TV so i am not sure why it is giving this line.
I got the same line when i try a remote of the "lamellen" that i have learned into the Hub so i can understand if i didn't do something wrong there.
They do work with the RF remote control that is with the hub.
Any ideas what i could be doing wrong ?

I am trying to recreate this error with Debug on but for now i can't get the same as i posted above.
But it does not respond to the command also, it looks like it is executing it.

dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Command = draai open keuken
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Device = 23314308-Luxaflex
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Hub = Hub1
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Action number is: 2
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Executed IssueDeviceCommand for: Hub1-23314308-Luxaflex-draai open keuken
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 23314308 Command: draai open keuken
dec-17 23:09:06 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Execute Command draai open keuken for hub: Hub1 device: 23314308-Luxaflex 

When i compare it with the working one, the TV remote i see this log:

dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Command = VolumeUp
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Device = 23313765-Tv van Samsung
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test which Hub = Hub1
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Action number is: 2
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Executed IssueDeviceCommand for: Hub1-23313765-Tv van Samsung-VolumeUp
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Test RunDeviceCommand for Hub1 DeviceID: 23313765 Command: VolumeUp
dec-17 23:12:24 	  	Harmony Hub 	Plugin: Harmony Hub Execute Command VolumeUp for hub: Hub1 device: 23313765-Tv van Samsung 

And i do not see the Green LED flash when the command is given with the other 2 remotes.
The TV remote that works does flash green once.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

I have been trying again to get it working but it continues to say these things in the log, anyone that have seen this before and can point out what is going wrong here ?
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

vincenttor wrote:I have been trying again to get it working but it continues to say these things in the log, anyone that have seen this before and can point out what is going wrong here ?
Hi,

You may use Dutch in the subforum :-)

Please sent me all the information I need for debug-ing as it's stated in the documentation and sent it to me directly (email adres is in the documentation too.

And I will look into this issue.

Thanks,
Rien
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Sorry i thought it maybe would be good to post on te forum if someone else has a problem like this they can find a the solution here.
Will do send the email and log file.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Very nice development, but I have one very important question --> If I initiate a Activity from the HS3 plugin, will the physical Harmony remote also change to that activity?
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Jeffrey wrote:Very nice development, but I have one very important question --> If I initiate a Activity from the HS3 plugin, will the physical Harmony remote also change to that activity?
YES :-)
Rien
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

WHOOT!!! Now I have a reason to upgrade my Harmony :-). Very cool that they've implemented bi-directional communication for the remote!

Thanks for the answer Rien!

Return to “Homeseer Plugins Forum”