ELV MAX! protocol description

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

mike7

Re: ELV MAX! protocol description

Post by mike7 »

Error323 wrote: For my attempt in home automation I want to bypass the cube completely and control the valves directly via a 868 MHz transceiver. Does anybody here know the internal protocol between cube and valve components? I can't seem to find it anywhere, is it FHT based or completely different?
you can start here domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=66& ... mp;start=0
Error323
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Error323 »

Excellent! Thank you!
Massi

Post by Massi »

i really can't see the advantage of bypassing the cube (except the €30 not spent, obviously :D).. could you please explain me?
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

this is my first post and came across this very interesting topic.
Has anyone tried the protocol on Ethernet socket base with a wago controller 750-880 implemented.

MacToolz
philjung77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by philjung77 »

Hello,

Regarding wall thermostat (device type = 3), the L message contains 12 bytes. Length is 12 (of course :-) ) and last byte represents the real temperature x 10.

0xaf => 175 => 17,5 degrees

Philippe
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

philjung77 wrote:Hello,

Regarding wall thermostat (device type = 3), the L message contains 12 bytes. Length is 12 (of course :-) ) and last byte represents the real temperature x 10.

Philippe
Don't know if you have a new type wall thermostat Philippe, but my wall thermostat L message is 7 bytes long whereas the actual temperature is represented by the MSB bit of the third byte together with the seventh byte ( x 10).

Regards,
Peter
Massi

Post by Massi »

pbrand wrote:
philjung77 wrote:Hello,

Philippe
Don't know if you have a new type wall thermostat Philippe, but my wall thermostat L message is 7 bytes long whereas the actual temperature is represented by the MSB bit of the third byte together with the seventh byte ( x 10).

Regards,
Peter
12th byte is actual temp*10, so theres a limit: 25,5 degrees. if it's higher, the count starts from 0 again and the first bit of byte 8 (set temp) is set to one

This is the standard wall thermostat.
I don't believe your response can be simply 7 bytes, as always it will be 6 bytes for ecoswitch, 11 for radiator thermostat and 12 for wall thermostat.

Maybe you are not counting starting bytes :)
1) data lenght
2,3,4) rf address
5) unknown

So then there are 7 bytes :)
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

Oh silly me. You are quite right, Massi. I only looked at the specific device bytes and forgot about the generic part :)
Massi

Post by Massi »

pbrand wrote:Oh silly me. You are quite right, Massi. I only looked at the specific device bytes and forgot about the generic part :)
No, you'll not get excused.
For that, you need to add to you blog the protocol description of the s: command :)
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

it may be that in the new firmware 1.4.1, the commands have changed in their byte protocol?

Thanks

MacToolz
Massi

Post by Massi »

mactoolz wrote:Hi,

it may be that in the new firmware 1.4.1, the commands have changed in their byte protocol?

Thanks

MacToolz
my "simple" commands (manual temp set) still work. What commands are you referring to?
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

i want to use all the commands. At least M / H / C / L and also the sending of data.
e.g. the byte arrangement of the M command I am missing some information. Rather, I do not know what type specific bytes of information again.
e.g. I have not in my receiving data, the RF address.
Look Please purely in the excel. Since I have the Empfangsdasten divided times.
You may find, for example, the RF address.

Thanks

MacToolz
Attachments
M-Command XLS.xlsx
M-Command list recorded from wireshark
(18.77 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

I am running 1.4.1 firmware here and have seen no changes in the M / H / C / L messages.
Massi

Post by Massi »

pbrand wrote:I am running 1.4.1 firmware here and have seen no changes in the M / H / C / L messages.
Full quote.
No changes in last firmware
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

have you looked at the excel. This is an excerpt from the M command. I see no RF address here. The first topic is described which can be seen in the M-command for a device address.
I do not see them unfortunately. Can you tell me the individual bytes?

Code: Select all

Result JEQ0416392	 --> 21('21')	 3('3')	 1('1')	 210('Ò')	 240('ð')	 74('J')	 69('E')	 81('Q')	 48('0')	 49('1')	 54('6')	 51('3')	 57('9')	 50('2')	
Result AZ_WandThermo -->	 48('0')	 13('CR')	 65('A')	 90('Z')	 95('_')	 87('W')	 97('a')	 110('n')	 100('d')	 84('T')	 104('h')	 101('e')	 114('r')	 109('m')	 111('o')
Thanks

MacToolz

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”