Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

dg360
Starting Member
Starting Member

ELV New software version

Post by dg360 »

First post so - Hi everyone.
I was wondering if anyone had noticed any new features with the latest version of the java PC software?
Also, has anyone successfully integrated their boiler control with the MAX! equipment? I'm finding that it's a bit unpredictable at the moment with a mixture of a household thermostat controlling the boiler + individual room control with the MAX! valves. I'm considering using an rpi that I have to poll the state of all of the valves (via the MAX! cube) every x minutes and use this to decide whether or not to turn the boiler on. The rpi would then energise a relay to activate the boiler. Any thoughts?
dg360
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ELV New software version

Post by dg360 »

Not been able to find anything massively different.

I'm currently writing an interface to the protocol in Ruby if anyone is interested I'm happy to share my code. I can interpret most of an L response now. Just need to get the date an time piece done. :)
matthijskooijman

Post by matthijskooijman »

I have a basic Arduino sketch, along with the RF22 shield, to listen for status updates from the radiator thermostats to toggle the boiler through a relay. I haven't started to actually use it (still some stability issues), but the reception seems to work well enough. However, the RF22 did need some hacks to properly receive messages, so I'm still pondering to switch to a Raspberry Pi with a CUL instead, which also opens up the option of running FHEM and/or a custom control app on there...
dg360
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dg360 »

Wow sounds interesting
I've got my ruby code doing what I want it to do. It's currently running on my windows machine but I'm in the process of configuring my rpi to run it. This is the sample of the data that it inserts into a MongoDB each time it runs.

{
"_id":{
"$oid":"516d91b9c758140384000001"
},
"stats":{
"Living Room Front":{
"Position":"19",
"Set Point":"21",
"Mode":"Auto"
},
"Our Bedroom":{
"Position":"0",
"Set Point":"10",
},
"Bathroom":{
"Position":"91",
"Set Point":"19",
},
"Maxs Room":{
"Position":"33",
},
"Kitchen":{
"Position":"95",
},
"Living Room Back":{
"Position":"85",
}
},
"info":{
"count":6,
"Timestamp":"2013-04-16 19:00:18 +0100",
"Outside Temp":13.3,
"Daves Phone":"not connected",
"Chars Phone":"connected"
}
}

I plan on using a razberry daughter board to interface with a HRT4-ZW to actually control the boiler :)
dg360
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dg360 »

Got this running on my raspberry pi :)
Also added a RaZberry Z-Wave daughter-board to the raspi and paired it with a HRT4-ZW that I won on ebay. Frankly stunned by how easy it was to integrate the z-wave stuff. The lovely api that the Razberry Z-Wave board provides is the main reason it was so easy. If anyone else is interested in integrating boiler control in this way - I'm happy to write a guide.
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

dg360 wrote:Got this running on my raspberry pi :)
Also added a RaZberry Z-Wave daughter-board to the raspi and paired it with a HRT4-ZW that I won on ebay. Frankly stunned by how easy it was to integrate the z-wave stuff. The lovely api that the Razberry Z-Wave board provides is the main reason it was so easy. If anyone else is interested in integrating boiler control in this way - I'm happy to write a guide.
Definitely interested in some guid(e/ance) :)

I have city heating and investigating ELV MAX! (opposed to my current ELV FHT80b system). But where the FHT80b system has an actuator to open/close the city heating valve, MAX! seems not. So how do you go about to only switch 'on' the city heat when actual heat is necessary?

I am planning to buy the Rapsberry PI and Razberry to control my ZWAVE appliances but how do you 'know' that the MAX! needs heat?

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”