What does the ELV Max! button do when software not running

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

pbrand

What does the ELV Max! button do when software not running

Post by pbrand »

Can someone tell me if the eco button of the MAX! system only operates when the MAX! software is running?

The thing is that I am thinking about having one, but
a) I don't run the MAX! software itself
b) I want to take my own actions when pressing the button, which is not necessarily entering the eco mode for all thermostats (which seems to be the function of the button in the MAX! software).

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this and check?

So what I would like the button to do is....nothing :mrgreen: Then I can detect the button event through the lan interface and do some actions myself.

And also, can more than one button be used?
Massi

Re: What does the ELV Max! button do when software not running

Post by Massi »

i have the button.
Basically I use it to set eco temperature when exiting home and weekly program is much different.
But the software is never working. I mean, you configure button behaviour from the software, than button up and button down do what they have to do :)
but i never checked it in details.. i can't even remember if there's a way to set up the "NOTHING" action :) or how to detect it..
How can i help you? :)
Have you seen the configuration options of the button in the max software?

as far as i car remember, you can set divverent modes for every button, but configuration options are accessible only from local software (not remote..).
As written in the other thread, configuration info of the button are "stored" in the C response of the cube (not of the button itself)
If you need details on the configuration options you have to wait for me to be home again :)
Massi

Post by Massi »

Configuration options from the max software for each button of the eco switch:
- Auto
- Auto-temp + temperature selection
- Eco
- Comfort
- Manual + temperature selection

this is it :)
pbrand

Post by pbrand »

Thanks for the update massi.

From what I gather from your words, the button configuration is stored in the Cube so it will always do something (depending upon what you have configured it to do) even without the MAX! software running.

That's what I expected and also too bad :mrgreen:

I guess I'll have to use some ZWAVE buttons to use in the house for coming home and leaving.
Last edited by pbrand on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massi

Post by Massi »

pbrand wrote:From what I gather from your words, the button configuration is stored in the Cube so it will always do something (depending upon what you have configured it to do) ecen without the MAX! software running.
It seems so..
more than that, i can't imagine even a "fake action" seen that all actions allowed force temperature or heating mode..

so i think that you're right, if you want other "actions" you have to look elsewhere :(

bye :)

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”