Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

visonic serial port not answering.

Post by labium »

goedevening,

i cant get sertial data back from my powermax pro on a serial port from the duo serial board the other serial port is connected to a powermax 1 unit which works well- , i want to use the powermax installer software but aint getting any info from the powermax. who knows what is wrong ?
Akatar

Re: visonic serial port not answering.

Post by Akatar »

labium wrote:goedevening,

i cant get sertial data back from my powermax pro on a serial port from the duo serial board the other serial port is connected to a powermax 1 unit which works well- , i want to use the powermax installer software but aint getting any info from the powermax. who knows what is wrong ?
i don't know if you use a gsm module? as far as i know they don't work both.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

here it is:
LET OP! Indien een GSM module wordt geplaatst dan kan de CELL/PC poort van de dual RS-232 print niet toegepast worden om een computer aan te sluiten. In dit geval verwijder tijdelijk de GSM module verbinding of gebruik de PL/PC aansluiting! BELANGRIJK! De aansluitklemmen voor de interne en externe sirenes zijn DC uitgangen voor 12V sirenes. Indien een luidspreker aan één van deze uitgangen wordt aangesloten, zal deze kortsluiting veroorzaken en de PowerMax Pro ernstig beschadige
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have no gsm module. i have powerlink 1 connected , which works i also bought a usr tcp232 -t2 to see if i can read something from the ttl port . waiting for the female femal jumber cables
Attachments
visonic interior.jpg
visonic interior.jpg (191.46 KiB) Viewed 7457 times
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

please remove the powerlink, i thought there were also troubles with the powerlink connected.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

but i have 4 cameres acting via the powerlink , i dont want loose that, i dont know how to flash the original firmware of the marmitek cameras this are i think marmitek cameras with visonic firmware, tried to put one time original firmware on those cameras didnt succeed they did not accept it. https://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/Ca ... 800517.pdf
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

just try if that works, so you know what the reason is

according to some people:
Apparently the PowerMax Pro only has two COM ports. If you have a GSM module installed, it disables the right RS232 port. Plugging in the PowerLink II disables the left RS232 port. When you unplug the PowerLink II it takes a while for the PowerMax to re-enable the left RS232 port (that is where power cycling works sometimes but not all the time).
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i will try .

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”