Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Timeout PIR NEXT+ MCW

Post by pim555 »

Hi,

I have connected my Powermax+ via its X10 output to my home automation system (Homegenie). This way I can use alarm on/off and sensor on/off signals in my home automation. My ideas was to use the MCW NEXT+ PIRs as motion sensors but after a few weeks of testing have to conclude that this is not really possible as the PIRs do not continuously send motion signals.

The behavior I noticed and also read in the web is that these sensor have a timeout of about 2 mins after detecting motion. When they come back on and there is motion, they do not send a signal but go back to sleep again for the next 2 mins. If there is no motion they will detect the next motion when that happens and send a signal. This work fine for motion detection in an alarm system and to switch on a light but does not allow me to keep a light on as long as someone is in the room.

Can someone confirm this behavior and let me know whether this is because of the sensors, the Powemax+ module or the X10 signalling? Also, would like to know if this behavior is not there when using the RS232 output as I still have a module lying around to use that output.

Thanks
Pim
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Timeout PIR NEXT+ MCW

Post by Bwired »

This behavior is always there, also on the rs232
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Timeout PIR NEXT+ MCW

Post by Rene »

The sensors are responsible for this behaviour.
Rene.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”