Visonic shutdown PowerMax email notification service

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

junav
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic shutdown PowerMax email notification service

Post by junav »

Dam, I have received your e-mail with the traffic between your PLINK-2 and Visonic server.
As it can be seen, the images are sent image to image (15 images) as base64 in a XML-RPC structure posted to notify.php script.
Actual version of notify.php expect the main XML tag <notify> whereas the XML-RPC uses a different xml structure that begins with a main tag <methodCall>. So the notify.php must be modified to detect the event-images call, extract de images, compose an e-email and return a <methodResponse> structure.
I think it must be a not very difficult task, but I am not personally interested in this feature since I don’t have cameras attached to PLINK-2.
Probably you or other forum member could develop the new code and share it in this and similar forum.

Dam, intento escribir en mi pobre inglés, en lugar de en español, para compartir públicamente y de la forma más efectiva posible los conocimientos en este foro.
Un abrazo desde España.
dam
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic shutdown PowerMax email notification service

Post by dam »

junav,
Unfortunately that what seems not very difficult task for you, is actually impossible for me... I don't know about programming (I'm from networking side).
So, I will really appreciate if you could do the effort to develop the new code of notify.php, or if you know someone that could do it.

Anyway, thank you very much for all your sharing... it is great !!!

Un abrazo desde Argentina

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”