Add WiFi to your alarm with esp8266

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Re: Add WiFi to your alarm with esp8266

Postby cjcharles » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Very nearly there now, it is doing everything I need, so thanks again!

Ive still not managed to solve my above message about the comms failure (despite trying a few options such as an unplug/reset 8266/replug). However, I am also finding that the ESP does sometimes miss events if they are close together. i.e. if I trigger two zones within about 2s then I do not catch the second event.

Does this mean I need to optimise my code as Im hogging too much CPU (I'd be disappointed if so as all I go is make a few HTTP POST commands after zone events), or is this part of the problem of working with the slow Serial interface to Visonic Powermax? I did try disabling my code and I do also miss them in the telnet debug panel, so potentially the second option. Has anybody else found this?
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby cjcharles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:02 pm

FYI, as mentioned in another thread, I managed to solve the error about 'communications failure' by unplugging the Powermax and removing the battery, then waiting 30seconds before plugging in again. That now gives me no error messages! :)

I have also found that it misses none of my recent zone events, so perhaps it was just still processing something, so all is great!

Last thing to work out is how to get it to pair with Powermax Pro, which seems to give access denied errors (Complete and Express work like a charm). Have tried all sorts, but it is only ever able to arm (no status access or disarm access - presumably as it is blocking an unpaired device), cant see any options in any menu to pair. Will keep looking!!

Thanks again.

p.s. If anybody is interested I have been working on getting Powermax integrated with SmartThings and it is very nearly there! If you want to know more you can see it at https://community.smartthings.com/t/bet ... =cjcharles . Credit to irekz for a lot of it!
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby al30k » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi, is it possible to "arm away" or "arm home" in instant mode with this app?
al30k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby cjcharles » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am

@al30k - have a look at my Visonic Integration for SmartThings, I have added Instant Arm to that, you could easily draw this into another project.
cjcharles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Visonic Alarm systems