Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

dhani3
Starting Member
Starting Member

Visonic GSM Module - Auxiliary Port

Post by dhani3 »

Hello!

I'm planning to connect my Visonic PowerMax+ to my Raspberry Pi and found a lot of usefull information in this board.

My problem is, that my RS232 interface of the PowerMax+ is connected to the Visonic GSM Module. I found an Auxiliary Port on the GSM Module.
Is it possible to connect this port to the raspberry pi and receive status updates of the powermax+?
If that is not working - is it possible to split the RS232 cable to be able to connect both, the raspberry pi and the gsm module?

I hope anyone can help me.

Best regards,
Daniel
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Visonic GSM Module - Auxiliary Port

Post by Edwin2008 »

Perhaps a Rs232 server? There are some models that can connect from more then one computer.
** edwin **
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Or just snif the TX pin from the RS232 port

http://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-cab ... -cable.htm
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
johnz

Post by johnz »

You should be able to use the auxiliary port on the gsm module (if you mean the one at the bottom). That is where I put it and it works with the remote programming software as well as the Powerlink alternatives. Nothing else required.

John
dhani3
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dhani3 »

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the replies. They helped a lot.
johnz wrote:You should be able to use the auxiliary port on the gsm module (if you mean the one at the bottom). That is where I put it and it works with the remote programming software as well as the Powerlink alternatives. Nothing else required.

John
That sounds great to me.

Would you be so kind to describe your setup? Have you followed the instructions in viewtopic.php?f=68&t=6517 ?
How do you connect to the Auxilliary port? Have you built your own cable + connector? Which device do you use to connect the aux port to?
I'm planning to connect my Visonic PowerMax+ either via an ESP8266 as described in viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11254 or via a Raspberry Pi.

Best regards,
Daniel
johnz

Post by johnz »

Hi Daniel,

I do not think this will help you much, I have not built my own serial cable, I already had the remote programming software kit with cable and RS232 connector.

I am using the Visonic driver software by Bart Bakels domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68& ... mp;t=11129, which can communicate with Homeseer, Domoticz etc. through JSON commands.

In my setup I have one RJ45 cable between Powermax and GSM module, and one RJ 45 cable from the bottom of the GSM module into an RJ 45 to RS232 connector adapter (which came with the kit). In my case this cable is connected to a Digi portserver (for which I did build an adapter cable) with which the serial connection is accessible over tcp/ip.

Best regards,
John
dhani3
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dhani3 »

Big thanks for your help john.
Trying to build the one on my own.
Best regards,
Daniel

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”