Visonic questions

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Bastiaan

Visonic questions

Post by Bastiaan »

Just received my Visonic repeater and I am puzzled. In the manual there is no instruction to add it to my PowerMax Pro.
If I am correct it is not really needed because when you use only one device, it just repeats the incoming codes again. (All dipswitches off, ID code=0)
Can anybody confirm this?

Secondly, does anybody know the details about the Visonic switch. there is the reed contact and an additional contact for wiring an extra external switch.
If I use this (to signal my mailbox receiving mail) will it operate independed from the main switch? E.g no alarm when someone puts the mail in the box?

Will it have its own address in RFXCOM? (Seems too good to be true)
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Visonic questions

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zebrafilm</i>
<br />
Secondly, does anybody know the details about the Visonic switch. there is the reed contact and an additional contact for wiring an extra external switch.
If I use this (to signal my mailbox receiving mail) will it operate independed from the main switch? E.g no alarm when someone puts the mail in the box?

Will it have its own address in RFXCOM? (Seems too good to be true)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Each contact has it's address and as long as it isn't learned by the powermax it won't generate an alarm. I Guess you could also use zone type 9 (no alarm) to prevent it from generating an alarm once it is learned by the powermax.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”