Visonic alarm. How to partition

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

marck

Visonic alarm. How to partition

Post by marck »

Just an question related to partitioning the system.

I would like to arm the ground floor, but disarm the first floor during the night. When no one is at home, the whole house should be armed. How can I accomplish this. I have a Visonic Powermax Pro.

On the English website of Visonic there is a manual available that explains this neatly. See: http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/Pow ... allers.pdf

But within the installermenu, there should be a partition submenu available. In the dutch version of the Powermax Pro this submenu is not selectable. Also in the Dutch manual this is not mentioned.

Any advice, suggestions??
Bastiaan

Re: Visonic alarm. How to partition

Post by Bastiaan »

Visonic has 3 settings:
Away, Home and Armed, meaning you can add the groundfloor to the home section and the first floor to fully armed.
Its made for a situation like yours.

Another way of thinking is to divide the house in detection area's that do the outside of the house, meaning all windows sensors, doors that open to outside and sensors outside, making those the outer ring, which can be activated when home, and adding the interior sensors to the fully Armed section.

Bastiaan
marck

Re: Visonic alarm. How to partition

Post by marck »

Dear Bastiaan,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually wondering, how one can configure the individual zones in a home and away config.

For example:

Zone A, B and C is the ground floor. And zone D and E is the first floor. During the night I would like to arm A,B and C and of course not the others, with the Home button. How can I configure the individual PIR's in this config, so that ABC are activated in the Home situation, and ABCDE in the Away situation.

Rg
Marck

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”