Mounting MCT-320 on metal doorframe

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

fabian

Mounting MCT-320 on metal doorframe

Post by fabian »

Hi,

Any hints on mounting MCT-320 door sensors on metal door frames ?

Like with many new builds, all my inner door frames are made of metal and all doors are lamitated rebated svedex. Drilling a hole in them for mounting the MCT-320 will be too invasive.
All outer doors and door frames are made out of wood. So removing MCT-320's in the future will just leave some holes which can be repaired with filler and some paint.

Will dual adhesive tape suffice ?
Rutger

Re: Mounting MCT-320 on metal doorframe

Post by Rutger »

On my indoor 'paneeldeuren' I used powerstrips. It's working perfectly and you can remove it without scratches or screwholes. Most of this strips can handle some kg's of weight, that's more than enough. When it's a clean flat degrease surface it should not be a problem to use powerstrips.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

Guess the powerstrip is a double-sided tape?
Anyway that's what I'm using. I've opted for the bathroom version which is better in wet environments as you can use it to tape the mirror against the wall.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Yes it's double sided tape. I've no experience with these strips and wet environments. Only with the doorsensor MCT-302T itselfs, that it could not be used outdoor, or in a 'NL: berging/schuur' which isn't waterproof or can handle temperatures below zero degrees..... I think the high humidity outside was the bottleneck for the oxidation on the print, but in your case not relevant...
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
Juande

Post by Juande »

What about using silicone?

I'm using this at the moment, and the sensor is perfectly fixed to the metal door. I can access without any problem to the batteries when I need to change it. In case i need to take off the entire sensor from the door for any reason (very rarely occurrency), I use an screwdriver carefully.

Also silicone is perfect for wet envs. It's solid rock fixing!

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”