Powermax RS232 module

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

adf157
Starting Member
Starting Member

Powermax RS232 module

Post by adf157 »

Hi everyone, searching the web for some information, i got here! :) would like to ask if anyone connected pc to a powermax panel without the RS module. since the panel i have ( a little old) has 4 pins but the rs 232 is an optional and i cant find anyone sellin it. if anyone cabled those pins, can you tell me how to do? thank you for the help!
guru
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re:Powermax RS232 module

Post by guru »

I'm actually trying to do the same. I have also an old Powermax (H 5452, manufactured in 2002). It also has 4 pin connector for the RS232.

I'm not sure yet, but I think the pin out is as follows (looking from the back towards the connector):

<+5v> <Tx> <Rx> <GND>

The GND pin I guessed by looking at the PCB layout. The 5V I measured with a multi-meter (wrt GND). Using an oscilloscope I measured that <Tx> is most of the time at 5V. Sometimes The voltage is pulled down (when going in/out of the installation menu). I believe <Rx> has a high impedance because the oscilloscope picks up noise when connected to this pin.

I was hoping to see some periodic serial communication on the <Tx> pin. However, I didn't see that (yet). Also not sure if the powerlink protocol as described in this forum is applicable for these old powermax panels.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”