info: HDMI Switch (schakelaar)

Forum about all other NON Home automation stuff can be placed here....
Noel

info: HDMI Switch (schakelaar)

Post by Noel »

I'm after a HDMI switch that will automatically select the powered on device.

IE: I have only two HDMI connectors on my TV, but have now 4 devices what I would like to connect to the TV.
Two of the devices are at the moment permanently connected to the TV (home entertainment system and the Motorola IPTV unit)

I also have a Wii U and a Slingbox. Both with HDMI out.

Till now I've been doing the switching myself, but for sure there must be a good switch what will do this automatically for me.

Anyone here with a suggestion that will do the job?
--
Maak nu je eigen video bericht online.
Anyone interested in time travel meet me here last Thursday!!
ıɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ buıɥʇʎuɐ ʇɹɐʇs ɹǝʌǝu
labtec

Re: info: HDMI Switch (schakelaar)

Post by labtec »

r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Since in blew my previous matrix due to plugging in a 12v adapter in to a 5v device, i ordered a budget version from monoprice

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2

Automatic switching is kind of hard, as you still need to power on/off the connected inputs to make it switch to that port.
Also got a option for a setting a hdmi port as default input.

Serial connectable, and sends out port status after a command! ( device doesnt switch if it there is not active signal on input )
Also got some down sides i am not experiencing in my case, but read the user reviews on monoprice for the negatives.

Cheers,

Robin
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

If you only need 4 ports, then most typical "Home" AV systems will do, as they tend to have multiple ports.

The advantage of connecting them that way is that CEC (and thus the switching etc) also works.

I unfortunately have more than 8 devices (don't ask ;), hence next to the 4 ports on the AV two times a 4x2 matrix from Lindy: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-True ... B004DH31XY

Note that there are a few models, the one in the link above sends picture out to both outputs, which is very useful if you want to display both on projector and TV at the same time or have a multi-room setup.

Return to “Off Topic”