LightwaveRF

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
jonbanjo
Starting Member
Starting Member

LightwaveRF

Post by jonbanjo »

I've recently changed a couple of swithches from HomeEasy to LightWaveRF. And am wondering where anyone else finds problems with it or it and the rfxtrx.

I bought the switches (a couple of LW400 wall switches and a few plug in sockets) and at first glance, with their remotes, they seemed to work well.

I'm having big problems getting them to switch relably through my own system though.

The first problem I noticed was when trying to switch something on via an X10 PC remote. It wouldn't work until I added a 2 seconds delay into my code (ie. X10 is recieved by w800 [X10 recieve is off on the rfxtrx] and 2 seconds later, rfxtrx sends (say) "on" to the LightwaveRF switch.

Further investigation seems to be showing just about any other 433 transmition in range at the same time stops the LightwaveRF from recieving. I'd guess this can happen with homeeasy too but I've never had to add a delay to be able to use the X10 remote with it.

Our situation has several sensors (X10 and HomeEasy) and the way I'm seeing it in the real world situation is that one family member walking down the corridor and another making a cup of tea in the kitchen kill my use of LightwaveRF, although it worked with the homeasy switches.

I really have to move to swiches for the main lights that will handle std LED type bulbs.

Is it just me hitting this sort of extreme problem with LightwaveRF? And/or can anyone suggest alternative LED (min for me would have to be about 10W) switch(es) that work with rfxtrx and control std (eg an LED replacement for a std GLS) type bulb?

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”