Recent experience with Somfy homemotion Tahoma

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
HetLoo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Recent experience with Somfy homemotion Tahoma

Post by HetLoo »

Hi Everyone,

I have a long standing wish to have a (almost) completly automated home. This month I ordered new sunscreens for my house, and after long contemplating, the dealer sweetened the deal with a Somfy Tahoma controller, and I/O motors (which are bi-directional) . Given the mayor extensions of the features of the Tahoma this year with (limited) Zwave support and EnOcean (although I not familiar with the later), and important for the Dutch market, a Remeha OpenTherm gateway, completed with the software overhaul next month, I am surprised to not find more postings here.

Most comments are related to the subscription model, which Somfy dropped. (Last year?) Am I starting to head into completly the wrong direction from the start? Or has Somfy work on their reputation?
Akatar

Re: Recent experience with Somfy homemotion Tahoma

Post by Akatar »

i own a tahoma box, as far as i know there is no zwave support and there is no other way to control io devices

and you can use it also to control honeywell evohome, both versions
HetLoo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HetLoo »

Hi Akatar,

Zwave support has been announced recently on The Le Web in France, and will be launched on The R+T in Stuttgart (Next week). Only Somfy NL confirmed only Somfy approved Zwave devices will be supported.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

@Akatar, that is true only end of April there is coming a new software improvement so it's possible to connect a z-wave module on the Tahoma so you can control for example the Z-Wave Danfoss Living Connect valve.
Also there is coming some other new features, see the movie -> link
And here an overview of the new Hitachi Airco interface with the Somfy Tahoma -> link

Some other points that are in the schedule:
- Interface with the Hitachi Yutaki heatpump
- Interface with the Remeha opentherm boilers (like @hetloo write)

Post by HetLoo »

FYI,

Although I haven't gotten official confirmation yet, it appears there would also be Zigbee support.

http://somfy-tahoma-protexial-io-blog.de/?p=688

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=nl

Zigbee would make sense, given the Phillips HUE support...
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

I have check the part about zigbee and the Philips Hue.
But the Tahoma is not connect the Hue light bulbs over Zigbee but over the ethernet connection to the bridge.

Post by HetLoo »

Somfy has announced The Zwave support now officially, together with the support for Phillips HUE. No Zigbee support, so HUE support will most likely be through IP, as mentioned.

live-somfyrt2015.com/wp-content/uploads ... 141001.pdf
Mfr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mfr »

Somfy RTS can be controlled by RFXcom. Somfy IO iswed by Tohoma is still a closed protocol. It would be nice if the Somfy IO protocol could be used on other devices as well. I do not want the Tahoma BOX and soldering is also not the road I wish to follow. Some people are trying to hack the Somfy IO protocol using the Tahoma box. groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openhab ... inJdyyDtG0
HetLoo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HetLoo »

Would be nice if they would be succesfull. Meanwhile finally an update on the possible release date, at least for Germany, for Tahoma 2.0: 23 of June;
https://www.somfy.de/tahoma20

If you look at the video though, Zwave is no longer mentioned, and it seems like they now refer to 'Somfy Smart Lighting', Hue, Danfoss heating and GU locks are stil in there.
rhmjanssen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rhmjanssen »

Z-Wave on Tahoma:

Yesterday I plugged the AEON Z-Stick Gen5 in my Tahoma.
It creates a Z-Wave enabled network for the Tahoma. I paired a Fibaro Dimmer 2 (using the Tahoma 'add feature') and it works smoothly:
On, Off, Dimming and the feedback.
In your user interface (PC and app) you can see whether the light is on, off or dimmed.

Raymond

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”