Trace my and my family with a phone

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Dylantje

Trace my and my family with a phone

Post by Dylantje »

Dear all.

My kids are soon to a big school ....
And my wife and I do too , would be delighted that we can follow up a bit.
There are many apps on the phones. like, Zoek Mijn Vrienden, Familie traceren - Life360, Map Me, etc.

But what I'm looking for is, something with a website. So when i open this on my tablet / home automation we can also see the kids in one glance .

Does anyone have or now a nice operating system, which is simple to implement in an automation system
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Trace my and my family with a phone

Post by bartbakels »

Dylan,

probeer followmee eens, heb deze al een jaar in gebruik en gekoppeld aan HS3, dus kan ook nog events triggeren aan de hand van de locaties, echter hun api kost sinds deze week geld. echter het traceren via de website is wel gewoon gratis. Andere optie is btraced of geofancy (werkt alleen met geofences)

succes

Bart
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

Bart..
Thanks for the replay...
Only...
Geofence only Iphone [ Apple you must eat. ]
Followme only with GPS, and payd, I am a really dutchmen..
Btraced GPS

Then is https://www.life360.com/tour/ @ this moment ime the best option...
Free, or paid with more options, and without GPS.....
Only how can implement this in my Domotica
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

You can use IFTTT with Life360: https://ifttt.com/recipes/search?q=Life360 . It must be possible to connect IFTTT with your domotica system.
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

Irritanterik wrote:You can use IFTTT with Life360: https://ifttt.com/recipes/search?q=Life360 . It must be possible to connect IFTTT with your domotica system.
Mm thanks for the idea...

Only life360 is draining my phone battery...

Is there no other lightweight solution?
Superhuub
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Superhuub »

Have a look at Meraki MDM. You can use this Mobile Device Management Solution for free. Configure ‘geofencing’ and receive an e-mail when a ‘violation’ occurs. Create an account on https://meraki.cisco.com
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

Superhuub wrote:Have a look at Meraki MDM. You can use this Mobile Device Management Solution for free. Configure ‘geofencing’ and receive an e-mail when a ‘violation’ occurs. Create an account on https://meraki.cisco.com

pff looks great... hard to get...
Only you can manage a lot....

is there a api or something, that is usefull in domotica..?

i think i need my holiday, to get this working...

raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I found out that BLControl and Backitude are capable of GPS tracking. Backitude is also usable with PHLocation and i just installed it to find out how it is working
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I use Traccar. Free and has apps for Android, IOS and soon for Windows Phone and compatible with a lot of hardware GPS trackers (used in my case). You run it on your own privat server/service.
Values could be stored in MySQL and with this you can get every value into your domotica system.
Lat, lon, streetaddress, altitude, speed, course, time, device_id (I have 4), etc.
Based on lat and lon the location of every device is realtime visible on a (google)map in Homeseer.
I use also some Google api's and a geocoder to calculate the distance between several coordinates, based on that you can trigger events.
Traccar has an webinterface where you can see realtime and/or following 1 or multiple devices, with all data that also is stored in MySQL.
Attachments
traccar.png
traccar.png (173.47 KiB) Viewed 20941 times
Last edited by Rutger on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
jaccovanderven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jaccovanderven »

Rutger, can you tell me more about the hardware devices what you are using, the type and where you bought it.

Regards,
Jacco
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Until now I've very bad experiences with GPS hardware trackers....
1) I have experience with a TK104 (Xexun copy), which has a big internal accu and I used it for 7 months (every 2 weeks I had to charge it, it's fine for me), but now it don't get a GPS fix everytime, so it's useless.
2) I used an OBD GPS tracker, TK306A (Xexun copy), but there not many of them. I ordered it in Germany (appr. € 90) because of the ridiculous high prices in NL (€ 250/300). Advantage of it, it is directly powered by the OBD connector from your car. Disadvantage, every 20 seconds you will hear a click in the dashboard, probably when the OBD GPS device is connecting the ECU from the car. After 3 months it broke and didn't get a gpx fix anymore.

3) I ordered a 2 months ago the Xexun TK103-2 but I don't had time to install it. It has an extern GPS and GSM antenne and has to powered also via 12V.

Advantage of the hardware GPS trackers, they don't use a lot of data. with app. 50km a day, it will use 2 a 3 MB a month (if you send data every 30 seconds, when the car is moving).

4) In my own car I use now a very cheap Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Pocket) for € 50 and is available in several Dutch webshop. You definitely have to use a data limiter app or you'll use 20MB a day because Android do a lot of stuff via your 3G (despite the checkbox to update apps etc via wifi).
Now I use some 0,5 MB in total with this mobile phone, and it's oke for me. I hooked it directly on a 12V caradapter and it works like a charm.

I don't use my personal mobile phone for tracking because it cost a lot of battery power.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I have the same problem as Rutger, all my Tk..... Break down after a while.
I had a lot!
Now im waiting for the mialink from kickstarter (
Also ODB) but dont have much fait in that also.
Use an old phone is a good option, drains the batt, but who cares
I find myself still using btraced a lot.
Im busy now creating a new ios app just for positioning
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

My last TK103-2 broke also. It showed double the GPS speed and hangup after 10 minutes. After a restart it works fine for another 10 minutes.... It is replaced under warranty by the more expensive Meitrack MVT340. It's is working now for around 6 months without any problems. Advantage of the Meitrack is that is have 2 wires voor triggering. 1 for constant 12V (like other devices) and 1 for ignition (same principle with a car radio). You can setup on both wires an upload interval.
Example: when the engine is off, the upload interval is set for 5 minutes. But when the engine/ignition is on, you can set the interval to 20 seconds.
Yes, there is failover when the car is towed, you can get a signal too.
I think also (based on the crappy TK products), you don't have to mess up with those. Install it and configure it directly in the way that you want and leave it as it is. Also don't send text messages to it to check something.
This with Traccar is working perfectly and you don't have data in the cloud (referring to the other active GPS topic). My prepaid internet simcard use around 3 a 4 MB a month in my case. The costs are around € 0,15 per MB.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I have 3 trackers 2x h201 and a look a like. The look a like did function well from the beginning. The h201's are in use for 1,5 years without any problem. The h201's were only 17 euro.
Rene.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”